Early Sebago Scenes
Fred Meserve Store in Mud City
This was the residence and Law office of Edwin L. Poor, later owned by Mrs. Lillian A. P. Meserve, and then operated as a general store by Fred Meserve when Lillian and Fred sold the
Meserve Farm to Ephraim and Lunetta (Poor) Chessey in 1930.
The residence was destroyed by fire in 1946; the small building in the back collapsed during the 1970s.
Fred's old place, the Meserve farm, is located about 1 1/2 miles north of the store
and is now the home of Allen and Penny Crabtree
(Photo Courtesy of Centennial History of Sebago Maine 1826 – 1926)