Town of Sebago
Board of Selectmen's Meeting
Tuesday, June 8, 2004
Town Office Building
I Call to Order – This meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman, Ruth Douglas.
II Roll Call – Present were Selectmen, Ruth Douglas, Robert Irish, Jr., David McCarthy, Allen Crabtree; and Town Manager, David Hague. Guests present were Public Works Director, Ted Shane, Donald Allen, Donnelle Allen, Cathy Greene, Barbara Cutting, and Mike Corrigan from The Bridgton New.
III Adjustments to the Agenda - None
IV Next Board of Selectmen's Meeting is scheduled for: June 22nd at 7 p.m.
V Comments from the Public – Donnelle Allen asked to have the Town Manager contact the Sheriff’s Office about dirt bikes and ATV’s on the Folly Road. David Hague said that he would seek their assistance to control the problem.
* A. Ballot Clerks -
* B. Health Officer
* C. Code Enforcement Officer and Licensed Plumbing Inspector – Brian Morse appointed.
* D. Board of Appeals
* E. Conservation Commission
VII Written Communication
* Approve minutes of the May 26, 2004 Board of Selectmen's Meeting – motion was made and Meeting Minutes were approved
* Approve warrants # 48 & # 49 - motion was made and warrants #48 and #49 were approved
VIII Old Business – Misconduct of juveniles on Folly Road was discussed.
IX New Business
* A. Consideration of an Eagle Scout Project by Merlin Bahr – motion was made and approval was granted for Merlin to proceed with project to build dug outs for the Town’s baseball field.
* B. Authorization of Town Office Closures – Town Office will be open for business on Saturday July 3, 2004 and on Saturday July 17, 2004. All other closure dates were Tabled until a Personnel Policy can be developed.
X Reports from Town Officials & Committees
o Selectmen-E911 Addressing Officer – The Town Manager and Public Works Director would look into whether or not the Public Works Director job description could include the E911 Addressing Officer. Bob Irish Jr. requested that possible Quest Ave. infringements be reviewed by the Town Manager and the Code Enforcement Officer as soon as reasonably possible. David Hague agreed to make this issue his #1 priority.
o Committees – Conservation Committee was working on the trail on Douglas Mountain during this meeting. No members were present.
o Fire Station Assessment Committee – Members will remain the same with one additional member to be added from the Budget Committee. David McCarthy will nominate the new member for the committee.
o Town Manager - David Hague reported that Systems Engineering will be asked to define a total computer network layout. Property Tax Equalization is on schedule. The letters will be in the mail during the third week of June. David Hague requested that everyone present actively recruit members to be appointed to the Planning Board. David Hague also expressed his gratitude to all employees of the Town of Sebago who helped to plan the Annual Town Meeting. It was the best Annual Meeting ever held in the history of the Town. “Great job”, to all who participated.
XI Executive Session to discuss a personnel matter
XII Adjournment – Meeting was adjourned at 10:15 p.m.