TOWN OF SEBAGO
BOARD OF SELECTMEN’S MEETING
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
TOWN OFFICE BUILDING
All Regular Board of Selectmen Meetings ARE held the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of Each Month.
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:05 pm by Chairman, Allen Crabtree.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen: Allen Crabtree, Ann Farley, Jeff Harriman, Edythe Harnden, Jeff Harriman, Mose Russo, Jim Smith, Town Manager, and recorder, Lin Petersen Greene. Guests present were: Public Works Director, Dan Nowell and Abe Parker.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
Request from a resident to trap on Town land. Discussion ensued, the request was not approved.
III. Written Communication
- Minutes from prior meeting: Ann Farley made a motion to accept as written, seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion passed
Abe Parker expressed concern that Jim Libby is working alone on the Warming Hut/Food Pantry without any recognition for his work. Discussion regarding others who have performed services on the building and the purpose of the Grant received.
V. Old Business
- Sexual Offender Ordinance Update
- Several issues discussed included: the omission of day care, private schools, nursery’s, athletic fields. Sebago currently has a Sexual Offender Ordinance in place. Consider a Public Hearing and placing the ordinance on the May ballot or as an article at Town meeting.
- Street Light Ordinance Update
- Notices have been posted, at this time 3 residents will absorb the cost of the light. Several deaf residents requested waiver of the removal. Discussion followed; the town services policy should be consistent. Slight changes are required to the wording of the ordinance.
Postponed to the November 17, 2009 meeting.
A letter from CMP has been received praising the value of streetlights. (Attached)
- Fuel Storage & Tracking System
- Dan Nowell has an updated quote of $19,000+ for 1 holding tank with a card reader.
Jeff Harriman suggested a public/private partnership for fuel storage.
Jim Smith will talk with David Shea regarding putting a card reader on his pumps for town access.
Adding a fuel storage tank to CIP was suggested.
- Current status and options discussed. Jeff Harriman was asked to get with his committee for recommendations.
- Compiling a list of opportunities. Report postponed to next meeting.
- Disbursement Warrant for Employee Wages, School and State Warrants
- Selectmen’s number of required signatures will be three (3). Pended to next meeting for changes.
- Check to see if Sebago has an existing ordinance. Postponed to next meeting.
C. Shore Road
a. All Public Easement roads must be treated the same. Jim Smith and Dan Nowell to discuss with the Andersons.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Folly Road Bridge assessment scheduled with Mr. Palmater
Jim suggested considering a 2% discount on property taxes that are paid early,
Allen Crabtree reported that NIMS 700 training would be held on November 18 at 6:00 pm.
The Selectmen received a letter from Representative Sarty regarding grievances from several Maine towns re: the Department of Labor enforcement and fines, which affect volunteers. (attached)
Ann Farley asked if the Ad-hoc cemetery committee needs authorization from the Town. No authorization is needed.
Edythe Harndon requested the October 3, 2009 Board of Selectmen minutes be amended to show that she was present at the meeting.
The Board commenced Executive Session at 8:05 pm.
Executive Session ended at 9:12 pm and returned to regular session. No action was taken during the Executive Sessions.
Jeff Harriman made a motion to adjourn which Mose Russo seconded. Motion Passed. Meeting adjourned at 9:13 pm.
Lin P. Greene