TOWN OF SEBAGO
BOARD OF SELECTMEN’S MEETING
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
TOWN OFFICE BUILDING
All Regular Board of Selectmen Meetings ARE held the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of Each Month.
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:04pm by Chair, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Allen Crabtree, Edythe Harnden, Abe Parker, Town Manager; Jim Smith and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were: Don and Marilynn Loring, Gary and Ramona Sleeper, and Tony and Patricia Fisher.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
VI. New Business-B. General Assistance Appointment and C. Abatements.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the September 7, 2010 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Allen Crabtree made a motion to approve the September 7, 2010 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Abe Parker. Motion carried.
There were none.
- Radio Repeater Quotes & Discussion
Jim Smith stated that a quote had been received from Radio Communication Management in the amount of $11,899.00 to fix the radio repeater. Allen Crabtree made a motion to have the Town Manager proceed with the bid. It was seconded by Abe Parker. Motion carried.
Jim Smith stated that the Town Attorney would like more information on this case before making a decision. This is in reference to a Shoreland tree cutting violation near Nason’s Beach. Ann Farley made a motion to take no action until a decision/review is made by the attorney. It was seconded by Abe Parker. Motion carried.
- Ordinance Review Discussion
The Board decided they would review the following ordinances at their October 19th meeting during a workshop:
- Douglas Mountain
- Parking Ordinance
Copies of the ordinances will be made, and placed in their boxes at the Town Office.
- Signing of the Cumberland County Tax Warrant
Allen Crabtree made a motion to sign the Cumberland County Tax Warrant in the amount of $225,574. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Appointment of General Assistance Administrator
Ann Farley made a motion to appoint Town Manager, Jim Smith as an assistant General Assistance Administrator. It was seconded by Allen Crabtree. Motion carried.
- Abatements as recommended by Assessor’s Agent
Town Clerk/Tax Collector Michele Bukoveckas stated that these abatements were for camper/trailers at Nason’s Beach which were no longer there. One of the campers had been liened and has additional interest and lien costs associated with them. Michele asked these amounts be abated as well.
- 028-022-ON Ann Farley made a motion to abate
$22.45 in principal, $1.66 in interest, and $61.62 in lien costs for a total of $85.73. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried with Abe Parker opposed.
- 028-022-ON-15 Allen Crabtree made a motion to abate $8.68 in principal. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
- Notice of a November 2, 2010 Referendum for Cumberland County regarding a County Charter
Jim Smith stated that Cumberland County will have a referendum question on the November 2, 2010 ballot asking voters to approve a charter. Copies of the proposed charter was provided to the Board.
- Nomination of Voting Delegates for the MMA Convention
The Board was asked to review the schedule for the Convention to determine if they would like to attend and a delegate will be chosen at the next meeting.
- Douglas Mountain Committee
Jim stated that the committee is working very well together. The trail markings are up, money is being picked up, and a new trail map has been made. The committee is planning a field day in October. Jim stated that Gorham Fence had quoted $750.00 to fix the fence at the top of the tower.
Jim stated that the State has adopted a uniform building code for municipalities with populations over 2000. Jim will check with the state if Sebago needs to include the summer residents. If that is the case, then Sebago will have to comply with the new code.
Stated that the new newsletter was ready for approval. The Board gave their approval.
Allen Crabtree stated the following:
- Aaron Shapiro will meet with Jim and Allen in the near future to provide guidance on how to proceed with the three CDBG grants won this year.
- The weatherization grant is for $25,000 and should be able to weatherize 6 homes. Interested individuals should contact Edythe Harnden or Abe Parker. Allen suggested that someone be in charge to ensure it is done properly (inspections, bids etc)
- Planning Grant-$10,000 to study the future of what could be done with Sebago Elementary if it is turned over to the Town. Allen Crabtree and Jim met with the SAD 61 Facilities Committee and will draft a letter to them with questions. Allen will draft RFPs for the Board’s review to seek an engineering firm to evaluate the structural integrity of the building and a firm to conduct the public outreach to solicit taxpayer opinions. An ADA compliance grant to place a roof over the ramp, install automatic door opener, and a wheelchair accessible counter had been approved.
- The next Harbor Master Committee meeting will be on September 28th. Fire/Rescue Building Task Force had its first meeting and assigned tasks to individuals. The next meeting will be on October 10th.
Abe Parker made a motion to adjourn at 7:10pm. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas, Town Clerk