TOWN OF SEBAGO
BOARD OF SELECTMEN’S MEETING
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
TOWN OFFICE BUILDING
All Regular Board of Selectmen Meetings ARE held the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of Each Month.
Proposed Fee Changes for Appeals and Sub-Divisions
Chairman, Ann Farley opened the Public Hearing at 6:04pm. Ann explained that the new fees are the result of a committee that was formed to bring our fees more in line with area towns. It was also explained that fees currently charged for appeals and sub-divisions do not accurately reflect the amount of time that staff spends preparing documents. It was asked if the abutter’s fees and recording fees listed under appeals also applied to site plan review. It was stated that they would apply, and this will be re-stated under the sub-division section for greater clarification. There being no further discussion, the pubic hearing was closed at 6:15pm.
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:16pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Jeff Harriman, Edythe Harnden, Town Manager; Jim Smith and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were: Rescue Chief; Tim Smith, Jim Libby, Joseph and Sherry Miller.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
There were none.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the December 7, 2010 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Edythe Harnden made a motion to approve the December 7, 2010 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Ann Farley. Motion carried with Jeff Harriman abstaining.
Jim Libby stated that 51 baskets were given out from the Warming Hut during the holidays.
Jeff Harriman made a motion to accept the weatherization policy and appendicies. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Appoint Planning Board Member-Tina Vanasse
Jeff Harriman made a motion to appoint Tina Vanasse to the Planning Board. It was seconded by Ann Farley. Motion carried.
- Signing of the Special Election Warrant
This election is to fill the Board of Selectmen seat left vacant by Abe Parker. Jeff Harriman made a motion to sign the Special Election Warrant set for February 15, 2011. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Ann Farley made a motion to adopt the new fees as amended during the public hearing. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion carried.
Jim Smith stated that some of the figures had been brought more in line with current costs to help plan for the funds needed. Jim also stated that talks with Standish indicate that they might provide a truck for the new Public Safety Building, so that Tank 2 might not need funding. The current funds, if permitted by voters, could then be used to offset a public safety building. Jim reported that the 50yd container would not be funded next year. Questions were raised concerning funding for the Fitch Bridge. The Board responded that until something has to be done, no funding would be planned.
Tim Smith stated that he would like the replacement of the ambulance moved up on the list. This will be discussed next year. He stated waiting 13yrs to replace the unit is too long. An alternative would be to increase the maintenance budget.
Tim also reported that the new radio repeater is up and running great! A fence has been installed around it to help protect it.
Michele stated that there are several old CIP accounts. The Board asked Michele to compile the list and bring the information back to the Board at the February meeting so that a warrant article could be drafted for the Annual Town Meeting to determine what to do with the funds.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported the following:
- Asked Jim Libby if would be possible for the General Assistance Administrator to have a key to the Food Pantry. Jim Smith stated that it is difficult to accommodate some families with the pantry only being open 1 day a month. Jim Libby stated that giving a key to the General Assistance Administrator would be a great idea. Jim Smith and Edythe Harnden will attend the Board meeting at he Nazarene Church on Monday, January 10, at 10am.
- Jim stated that the first budget meeting was held on January 3, 2011. This meeting laid out the meeting dates for future meetings. Meetings will be held on Mondays, starting at 6:00pm. It was determined that meetings should last about 2-21/2 hours.
Ann Farley reported on the following:
- Asked Jim to check with the Town Attorney to see if the Beach and Parking Ordinance need their review.
- Asked the Board to read an article in the recent issue of the Maine Townsmen proposed State Legislation concerning Towns and collector roads.
There were none.
Sherry Miller inquired about the status of the fire hydrant on Anderson Rd. Jim Smith stated that he will look into it and get back to her.
Jeff Harriman made a motion to adjourn at 7:07pm. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas