Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:04 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Allen Crabtree, Dana Batchelder; Edythe Harnden, Town Manager; Jim Smith, and Town Clerk and Recorder; Michele Bukoveckas.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
New Business, F-Election Results
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the May 22, 2012 Public Hearing
Approval of the minutes will take place at the next Board Meeting on June 5th.
There were none.
- Review and select a BAN bank
Ann Farley made a motion to have Allen Crabtree review and select a Bank Anticipation Note and to report back at the June 5th Board of Selectmen Meeting. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Approve conditional contract with Shaw Brothers
The contract is currently being reviewed by the Town Attorney; therefore it is not ready for discussion this evening. This issue will be discussed at the June 5th Board Meeting.
- Approve conditional contract with building contractor
The contract is currently being reviewed by the Town Attorney; therefore it is not ready for discussion this evening. This issue will be discussed at the June 5th Board Meeting. Allen Crabtree brought up the following discussion items to be passed on to the attorney:
- State that the contract is conditional based on passage of the vote on June 12, 2012.
- Page 8, Article 10, state limited power by the Owner (Clerk of Works) to change the scope of the project.
- Page 9, Section 12.6-Final Payment. Should a retainer with a specific amount be spelled out?
- Appoint building committee members
Building Committee Members will be:
- Town Manager
- Code Enforcement Officer
- Fire Department Member
- Rescue Department Member
- 2 Selectmen
- Jeff Fleming (Architect)
- Clerk of Works (only as an ex-officio member)
Formal appointments will be made at the June 5, 2012 Board Meeting.
- Approve conditional contract with “clerk of the works”
Due to a delay in the documents being available, the filing deadline has been extended to May 31, 2012. This contract will be discussed at the June 5, 2012 meeting.
Michele went over the election results, they are as follows:
- Selectmen, Assessor, Overseer of the Poor, 3yrs-Edythe Harnden
- Selectmen, Assessor, Overseer of the Poor, 1yr- Chris Parker
- Budget Committee, 3yrs-Gerald Holt
- Budget Committee, 2yrs-Sherry Miller
- Budget Committee, 1yr-Kurt Christensen
- School Board, 3yrs-Richard Merritt
- School Board, 2yrs-Joseph McMahon
- Cemetery Committee, 5 yrs-Sherrill Brown
- Potter Trustee, 7yrs-Anne McMahon
Michele explained that the Budget Committee for 3 years had two vacancies. There were two other highest vote receivers, but they both declined the position. Allen Crabtree made a motion to appoint Don Olden Sr. to the position for 3 years. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried with Dana Batchelder abstaining.
The Board will consider placing an article on next years’ warrant that would change Budget Committee Members from an elected position to an appointed position.
It was also stated that School Board Member, Richard Merritt stated that he would only accept the position until the Board appoints someone else. Ann will put an article in the upcoming newsletter asking for interested persons to contact the Town Office.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported the following:
- Attending a Town Manager’s luncheon tomorrow
- FEMA funds available for the exhaust system at the new Fire/Rescue Building. Allen Crabtree stated he was aware of this grant, but until Town is 100% NIMS compliant can not apply for any Federal or State grants.
- Shaw Bros. sign will have information on the Town Meeting on it, and then the Referendum Vote on June 12.
Edythe Harnden reported the following:
- Fern Letellier has a microphone system that he will set up for an entertainer for the Fuel Assistance Fund.
Allen Crabtree reported the following:
- There is a company requesting information on our bid solicitations for the Fire/Rescue Building. Allen will send them the list of contractors which applied.
- Muddy River will make a sign to place on the proposed location of the Fire/Rescue Building site. The sign will cost $175. Allen is asking for donations to pay for the sign as the Board feels this should not come out of the funds for the building. He will send out an email to the committee members. In addition, Allen is looking for assistance to install the sign.
Dana Batchelder reported the following:
- Used sheriff cruisers will be available in September; the Town Manager should look into getting two of them.
- Should have an electronics recycling day with the proceeds going to the Fuel Assistance Fund.
- Look into collecting waste oil at the transfer station and use it to heat the town garage.
- Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter-Town Manager Performance Review
Edythe Harnden made a motion to go into Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter-Town Manager Performance Review at 6:40 pm. It was seconded by Dana Batchelder. Motion carried.
The Board returned to regular session at 7:37 pm. There was no action taken during Executive Session.
Allen Crabtree made a motion to make a lump sum payment to the Town Manager in the amount of $9,547.21 as payment for 337 hours of outstanding vacation time before June 30, 2012 plus a 3% salary increase beginning July 1, 2012. It was seconded by Dana Batchelder. Motion carried.
The Town Manager will continue to receive 30 days per year of vacation time per his 4/6/10 amended employment agreement, beginning July 1, 2012. Allen will update the employment agreement and bring it back to the Board for their signatures.
Dana Batchelder made a motion to adjourn at 7:43 pm. It was seconded by Ann Farley. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas