Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:05 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were: Selectmen; Ann Farley, Edythe Harnden, Jeff Harriman, Chris Parker, Town Manager: James M. Smith III, Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were: CEO and LPI; Brandon Woolley, and Jim Libby.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
New Business, Item F- Disbursement Warrant. It was also stated that CEO/LPI Brandon Woolley would be moved to the front of the agenda after written communication.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the June 2, 2012 Town Meeting Minutes
Jeff Harriman made a motion to approve the June 2, 2012 Town Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Approval of the June 19, 2012 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jeff Harriman made a motion to approve the June 19, 2012 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Jim Libby stated that the Food Pantry received a $1,500 grant from TD Bank for the Maine Hunger Initiative to distribute vegetables. The vegetable distribution will occur the 2nd Thursday of the month from 4-7pm. In addition to the vegetables, meats, breads and frozen foods will be distributed.
Jim Libby also stated that the summer meal program is off to a slow start. The program fed 17 children today. It is Jims hope to serve 30 children a day.
The clothes closet has served 154 families so far. He stated the numbers continue to rise on a monthly basis.
Lastly, he stated that the Nazarene Church will be able to let Edythe Harnden use 30 chairs for the George Hamm fund raiser.
- Discuss Fire & Rescue Referendum
Jim Smith stated that it was his understanding that the Town would still receive a fire truck from the Town of Standish. This being said, there would be no need to put the funds back into that CIP account. There was a consensus that the funds should return to the Land Acquisition Account. Jim stated that MMA still has not returned an answer regarding the disposition of the funds (roll into the UFB, return to CIP accounts, transfer into a different CIP account and whether or not a Town vote is required). Once MMA responds, this issue will be brought back for discussion. In the interim, Jim will verify with the Town Manager from Standish regarding the status of the fire truck, and will speak with the Fire/Rescue task force to see which direction they would like to proceed. The Fire/Rescue
Task Force Committee will be meeting on July 15th at 7pm.
- Appoint Board of Selectmen Member to Road Committee
Jeff Harriman made a motion to appoint Chris Parker to the Road Committee. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
The Board reviewed recommendations from the Road Committee and an estimate was received from F.R. Carroll. Jim Smith feels that since River Road is a “carry over” project, that road should be done. It was suggested that the Road Committee review the list again and make a recommendation. Jim will contact F.R. Carroll to see if they would be willing to reduce the costs if all the roads are done at the same time. This will be placed on the next agenda.
- Tax Acquired Property Sale Finalization
Town Clerk, Michele Bukoveckas stated that purchaser was aware of the risk involved when purchasing tax acquired property, and was willing to accept the risk. Jeff Harriman made a motion to sign the Quit Claim deed on Map 029, Lot 007. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Brandon Woolley-Hydrant Certification
Brandon Woolley explained the process which ISO ratings are determined (equipment, training levels of personnel, response time and water delivery). He stated a minimum for water delivery is 250 gallons/minute sustained for 2 hours. ISO ratings affect insurance premiums. The lower the ISO rating the better it is for homeowners. Currently, Sebago has a rating of 8. It was stated that there are fire ponds in Town, but they have not been maintained. In order to preserve our rating or even reduce the rating, a policy should be developed to record, design, perform maintenance, and assign responsibility for maintenance should be developed.
- Disposition discussion of Site Work Funds
This item was discussed under Old Business.
F. Discussion of Signing a Disbursement Warrant
Michele Bukoveckas stated that whereas the Treasurer’s Warrant requires at least 3 Board Members to sign prior to the release of the payroll checks, State Checks (BMV, IFW, etc) and School Appropriation Checks to be disbursed with a minimum of one Board Members signature. Edythe Harnden made a motion to sign the disbursement warrant. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion carried.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported on the following:
- The Board needed to vote for two representatives for the MMA Legislative Policy Committee. Ann Farley made a motion to vote for Leonard Adler of Otisfield, and James Smith of Sebago. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion carried.
- Distributed a letter from a citizen which he would like the Board to offer direction on how to proceed. Jim will contact MMA for an opinion.
- Stated that a citizen would like to see decorative street lights in town (to show the “small town charm”) a and to have sidewalks installed in the Long Beach area. Ann Farley will address the citizen’s concerns.
- Received two quotes (Board With IT in the amount of $5,250, and Bill Nason in the amount of $ 6,800) to fix the ramp and install a roof over the ramp at the Town Hall. It was stated that there were still some funds left in the ADA grant, and that the Town still had their “matching funds” to contribute. Jeff Harriman made a motion to award the job to Board With It in the amount of $5,250. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
Edythe Harnden reported the following:
- She is obtaining estimates from Board With IT, Bill Nason and Kurt Christensen to repair a roof on the Kimball Corner Road with funds from the Weatherization Grant.
- Reminded everyone about the Fuel Assistance Fund Raiser-George Hamm, on Friday, July 6. She asked for help on the following:
- She plans on setting up a small refreshment table.
- Window fan donations, as it could get warm in the gym.
- Would like assistance with picking up chairs, setting up, and returning chairs after the event.
Ann Farley stated that she; Jeff Harriman and Michele have met to work on the purchasing policy. This will be placed on the next agenda.
Jeff Harriman and Chris Parker had nothing to report).
There were none.
- Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter
Edythe Harnden made a motion to enter into Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter at 7:30 pm. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion carried.
The Board returned to regular session at 7:59 pm. There was no action taken during executive session.
Jeff Harriman made a motion to adjourn at 8:00 pm. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas
Michele A. Bukoveckas