Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Vice Chair, Allen Crabtree at 6:02 pm.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Allen Crabtree, Jeff Harriman, Edythe Harnden, Chris Parker, Town Manager; James M. Smith III, and Town Clerk/Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
Michele stated she had a few updates for the Board. This will be stated under new business.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the September 4, 2012 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jeff Harriman made a motion to approve the September 4, 2012 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
There were none.
- Discussion of Pickering Street Survey
Town Manager, Jim Smith stated he was still waiting to hear back from the Town Attorney. This will be placed on the next agenda.
- Camp-O-AT-KA Harvest Dinner
Michele stated that the Town had received a check in the amount of $465.00 for the fuel assistance fund.
Michele stated that we had received a restitution check for the fire on Eagle Crest in the amount of $2,504.15. This will be placed in the Fire Equipment Account (20-12-15-03) per the request of the Fire Chief.
- Electronic Voting Tabulator
Michele stated that the State of Maine through a Federal Grant was going to receive a voting tabulator in time for the November Election at no cost to us. The State may ask in the future to share the cost of the maintenance contract. The State will be responsible for all programming and ballot costs associated with State and Federal Elections. Sebago would have to pay for programming and ballots for local elections. Michele stated that in past conversations with the school department, they would share the costs of programming. This machine will reduce costs for elections (less counters needed) and results will be known much quicker. It was suggested that a CIP account be started for future replacement and programming costs.
- Selectmen Meeting Dates for October, November & December
Michele stated that Maureen is preparing the newsletter and wanted to know the meeting dates (so she can list them in the newsletter). The Board stated they would meet twice in October, and once during the months of November and December.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported the following:
- Met with F.R.Carroll to discuss the paving of River Road, Orchard Road and Winn Mountain Road. Jim stated that there is a potential savings on Winn Mountain of roughly $2,800 as there is a turn-around that will be paved as well. F.R. Carroll stated that if we use our equipment and man power to prepare the site, it will be a cost savings. Jim Smith will check with MMA to see if this is permissible as this is the use of public funds on private property (we have owner permission). Jeff Harriman made a motion to approve this action contingent upon approval from MMA. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
- Jim notified the Board he would like to take this Friday and next Tuesday off as vacation days. The Board approved the request.
Edythe Harnden reported the following:
- Would like to meet with Allen and Michele this Thursday at 12:30pm to go over the weatherization grant.
- Inquired as to whether Jim had a chance to review the material regarding sharing a deputy sheriff with the Town of Baldwin. There were discussions regarding setting up a CIP account, looking into grants, schedules, and flexibility. Jim stated he would get a copy of Parsonsfield agreement. This issue will be brought up during budget season.
Allen Crabtree reported the following:
- The article on the lower tax rate was sent to the Bridgton News and should be published soon.
- The Fire/Rescue survey was sent out with the tax bills and is listed on the web. Results are already trickling in. Allen stated he would like some placed on the counter at the clerk’s office.
Jeff Harriman made a motion to adjourn at 6:46pm. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas