Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:04 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Allen Crabtree, Edythe Harnden, Jeff Harriman, Chris Parker, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder; Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were: Jim Libby, Jerry Holt and Carrie Walia from Loon Echo Trust.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
There were none.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the November 6, 2012 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Allen Crabtree made a motion to approve the November 6, 2012 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Jim Libby reported that the Clothes Closet assisted 40% more families this year over last. The Food Pantry assisted 50 families in November and distributed 41 baskets. He stated that due to death and resignations, there were openings on the Board of Overseers. Interested parties should contact him.
- Land for Town Preserve Discussion (Jerry Holt)
Jerry Holt introduced Carrie Walia from Loon Echo Trust. Carrie stated that K&W has a lot (approximately 1800 acres) for sale mostly in Denmark but approximately 100 acres in Sebago along the Swamp Rd. LELT is currently under contract to purchase the land. A few smaller pieces of this whole package may be sold off in the future. LELT is wondering if the town of Sebago has any interest in the Sebago portion of this parcel. The parcel could be timbered for revenue. The Board requested that that this issue be placed on the January agenda, and asked Carrie to provide maps and possible prices for the purchase. The Board also requested to know what the current tax revenue is.
- Douglas Mountain Trail Discussion
Jeff Harriman stated that a meeting was held on November 27, 2012 to discuss the conditions at Douglas Mountain. The Branchduckers did some work, but there is much more to do and they are requesting monetary assistance. The Board would like see what funds the Branchduckers can come up with first before making any decisions on this issue. In addition, it was stated that the Vocational School in Bridgton could built a bridge, but the Town would have to purchase the materials. This issue will be brought back next time.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim reported the following:
- Attended a School Board Budget Meeting Monday night. Due to State budget restraints, the school budget is already starting in the red. He encouraged the Board to attend meetings when possible.
- CIP request from Tim Smith for a Cardiac Monitor. Allen Crabtree made a motion to endorse the CIP request to forward it to the CIP Committee for their review and consideration. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion carried.
- CIP request for the replacement of the excavator. Allen Crabtree made a motion to endorse the CIP request to forward it to the CIP Committee for their review and consideration. Chris Parker seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Meeting room was recently painted as well as the restrooms. Depending on the where the budget stands, the offices might be done as well.
- Repairs to the Station 2 roof have been done windows replaced, and the trees near the building have been cut. He is looking into getting insulation put on the outside of the building as well.
- Town Hall has been insulated as well.
Chris Parker inquired about the current status of trust funds listed in the 1962 Annual Report (Dr. Potter Joseph Fitch Trust Funds and Cemetery Trust Funds). Michele stated that the funds still existed and they are separate accounts from the Towns. This allows for proper tracking.
Jeff Harriman had no comments.
Edythe Harnden had no comments.
Ann Farley had the following questions/comments:
- Follow up on the tar sands from Canada. Jim stated that he had not spoken with the Town of Raymond. So far this does not appear to be an issue. Allen distributed a report from the Canadian National Energy Board on the subject.
- Inquired if Jim had spoken with Public Works or Fire Department regarding the cleaning of the hydrants. Jim stated that the two departments need to coordinate.
- There will be a Cemetery Committee Meeting on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3pm.
- Reminded Chris Parker his term is up this year and encouraged him to run again for his position.
Allen Crabtree had the following questions/comments:
- First CIP meeting will be Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:30pm.
- Inquired about a bill for heating fuel for the Historical Society. He stated that he was unaware that the Town would be paying for fuel. Jim stated that he will check with the Historical Society as this may have been an oversight.
- Has been notified that a FERC hearing has been held regarding relicensing of the Sebago Lake Allen stated that the Board already signed a resolution and recommended no action at this time.
Allen Crabtree made a motion to adjourn at 7:25 pm. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas