Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Chairman, Ann Farley at 6:00 pm.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Allen Crabtree, Edythe Harnden, Jeff Harriman, Chris Parker, Town Manager; James Smith III, Deputy Town Clerk and Recorder, Donna Cook. Guests present were: June Allen and Jim Libby.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
There were no adjustments to the Agenda.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the April 2, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Allen Crabtree made a motion to approve the minutes. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Jim Libby stated that the Good Sheppard Food Truck is going to be in Sebago on May 16, 2013. He said they will be looking for 50 households to assist. He also said he is in of need help with the Food Truck. Edie and Ann volunteered to help.
- June Allen asked about the cleaning of the excessive sand around Babb Cemetery. Jim stated that he is sending a crew there the next day and the area would be cleaned up. He also said that June would be welcome to come and oversee the project if she wanted to.
There was no old business.
- Signing of M.S.A.D. # 61 Referendum Warrants
The motion was made by Allen Crabtree to approve the M.S.A.D.
Referendum Warrants. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion Carried.
- Signing of Town Election Warrant
The motion was made by Allen Crabtree to accept the signing of Town Election Warrant. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion Carried.
- Abatement as Recommended by Assessor’s Agent
The motion was made by Jeff Harriman to accept the Abatement as Recommended by Assessor’s Agent. It was seconded by Allen Crabtree. Motion carried.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported the following:
- Discussed the 2010 tax liens that were foreclosed on March 15, 2013. Jim said he spoke with Brian Willing, from Drummond & Woodsum in regards to this. It was determined that no payment plans can be worked out at this point as per “Operation of Law”, the deadline is past. Mr. Willing recommended that in representing the Town in regards to “Operation of Law” and foreclosure of tax liens it is in the best interest of the Town to take an extra step to make sure an extra effort is made to contact property owners so it cannot be overturned due to non-notification. Waivers could be made in regards to doing quick claim deeds to sell back property to owners who have defaulted.
- Jim felt that the Town should consider keeping one 15 acre parcel of land as a benefit to the Town since it is part of a sand pit. This could be a cost savings in getting sand as currently the Town goes to Hiram.
- Jim also discussed the Road Committee letter written by Phil Lowe, Road Committee Chairman. Allen Crabtree made a suggestion for an addition to the report in regards to condition of roads once the surveys were done. Allen also requested some wording be clarified so residents could better understand what is being said.
Edythe Harnden reported the following:
- Jim Libby had approached her the other night to discuss the possibility of the Lions Club and the Fuel Assistance Program working together to share the work in the annual yard sale that is held at Sebago Days. They would then split the profits between the two groups. Jim further added that it has been quite profitable in the past but it is getting to be a lot of work for one group. The Board thought that would be a good idea. Jim Libby said he would will take this back to the Lions Club and will let The Board know what their decision will be in regards to combining efforts.
Allen Crabtree reported the following:
- He made the request to see a copy of the final Town Report with the Warrant Articles. It was discussed and decided that a Board of Selectmen meeting would take place on April 30, 2013 to review the final Town Warrant.
Ann Farley had nothing to report.
Jeff Harriman had nothing to report.
Chris Parker asked about the money collections for Douglas Mountain. It was stated that Laurie Clow does the collections.
- Executive Session, Pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (F) to Discuss a Private Matter-Town Manager Performance Review.
The Executive Session was tabled and will be added to the Board of Selectmen agenda on April 30, 2013.
Chris Parker made a motion to adjourn at 6:50 pm. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion carried.
Donna M Cook
Deputy Town Clerk