Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were: Selectmen; Ann Farley, Jim Libby, Edythe Harnden, Town Manager; Jim Smith and Town Clerk/Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
Add Public Works Discussion to New Business
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the July 2, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Edythe Harnden made a motion to approve the July 2, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Jim Libby. Motion carried.
There were none.
- Acceptance of Marker Buoy Donation at Town Beach
The markers are a donation from Alan Greene. These buoys would protect the swimming area and would be installed by Public Works. As with all donations, the Town would have to accept the gift and maintain the buoys. Jim Libby made a motion to accept the marker buoys. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried. Thank you Alan!
- Re-Appoint Brandon Woolley as Code Enforcement Officer and Local Plumbing Inspector
Edythe Harnden stated that she would like to see Brandon’s certificates posted in his office. Ann Farley made a motion to re-appoint Brandon Woolley as Code Enforcement Officer and Local Plumbing Inspector. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Jim Smith informed the Board that Public Works Foreman, Tim Mayberry had turned in his resignation last Tuesday. Jim stated that he has hired Dana Batchelder as an interim while the Town advertises for a replacement. He really feels that the department needs four (4) employees, as there is a lot of work to do. The Board stated that they would like to return to a Working Public Works Director for that position. Ann Farley made a motion to advertise for a Working Public Works Director, and set the salary range at $42,000 to $46,000 a year. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
- Asked for clarification regarding the ditching on Robinson Hill Road. She stated that the ditches are deeper in some areas then others and wanted to know if it would be fixed. Jim stated that they are doing some erosion control first and that it would be fixed.
- Trying to schedule George Hamm for another fund raiser for the Fuel Assistance Fund. She stated that a better PA system is needed, as the one that was used last year had a lot of static. Jim Smith will check with Andy Madura at Lake Region High School to see if we could borrow their system.
- The CAMP O AT KA harvest dinner will be held on
August 27, 2013 at 6:00 pm. Proceeds will benefit the Fuel Assistance Fund.
- Still waiting for the doors and windows to come in so Ward Fitch can complete the Weatherization Project on Sebago Road. Edythe stated she has notified another recipient, that if funds were still available, the Town may be able to do some insulation work.
- Would like the flag at the corner of Bridgton Road and Convene Road fixed.
- The Nazerene Church approached the Sebago Days Committee to see if the Church could use the tent for an outside service on Sunday, July 21. The Committee stated they could use it. Jim just didn’t want there to be a conflict as Sebago Days is a Town Event, and this is a religious event. The Board did not see an issue with this.
- Would like the outside light at the Town Hall repaired as this is a safety issue.
- Would like to schedule a Goal Setting Workshop for the second meeting in August. Should there be any business that comes up, a meeting will be held prior to the workshop. She asked the Board to think of goals they would like to work on this year.
- Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter-Town Manager Contract
Due to the fact the full Board was not present, the Executive Session will be held at the next meeting.
Chris Parker made a motion to adjourn at 7:30pm. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas