Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 5.59 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
Present were: Selectmen; Ann Farley, Edythe Harnden, Jim Libby, Chris Parker, Town Manager, Jim Smith, Deputy Town Clerk and Recorder, Donna M. Cook. Guests present were Ken Littlefield, Dana Batchelder, Shana and Norm Storey.
- Adjustments to the Agenda
There were no adjustments to the Agenda.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the August 20, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jim Libby made the motion to approve the August 20, 2013 minutes as written. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported the following:
- Robinson Hill Road is ready for paving although F.A. Carroll said we weren’t on the schedule for paving for September but would get on hopefully the next month. Ken Littlefield stated that due to the last good rain we had, there was quite a bit of wash out which was confirmed by Chris Parker.
- Hazardous Waste Day went very well. Cost was $5050 which was below the budgeted amount of $7,000.
- I will be taking a vacation day tomorrow, September 4, 2013.
Edythe Harnden reported the following:
- Harvest Dinner (hosted by Camp O AT KA) on August 27, 2013 at 6:00 pm went well. They cooked and served an amazing meal. They wouldn’t let me pay for their expenses to do the dinner, so $686 will be added to the Fuel Assistance Fund.
- Was wondering why more Town employees don’t participate in fund raisers.
- The windows have been installed on the weatherization project.
- Roberta Douglas made a suggestion to maybe do a beef stew dinner or something in January or February as an additional fund raiser.
- Stated that there is an extra hole on Convene Road and that she talked with the State and they were going to fix it in a couple of weeks.
Jim Libby reported on the following:
- Asked where we were on Garden Estates. Town Manager stated that he was meeting next Tuesday with Mrs. Porter to work towards establishing an association. Town manager also stated he would check Town history regarding easements and would report back to the Board.
- Asked about culvert at end of Allen Road. Dana said that the State had given the culverts to the Town.
- Food Pantry is having a block party on September 14th. Al Crabtree is putting something in the paper.
- Stated that the Warming Hut would be terminating the Summer Kids meal program due to hours involved in putting it together, lack of volunteers, running it and low turnout of kids eating. He is hoping someone at school will pick this up. He also stated other Towns are reporting low kid turnout from their program as well.
- Asked how the safety procedures were coming. Dana reported that it is a slow process but that headway is being made.
Ann Farley reported the following:
- MMA is giving us 6.55% back as we went without a worker’s comp claim. This equals to about $1400-$1500.
- What are we going to do with the old truck? It was discussed to sell it by sealed bid.
- Requested that the newsletter be published 3 times a year instead of 4. After discussion, Ann made a motion to change publication of the Town’s newsletter to 3 times a year instead of 4. Edythe Harnden seconded. Motion carried.
- Requested that the tax component be added to the next agenda.
- Can the Town Manager, herself and Dana get together regarding the cemeteries this Friday at 1 pm. All said yes, they could.
Chris Parker reported the following:
- Reconfirmed that Robinson Hill would be on the October paving schedule. Town Manager will confirm and report back.
- What’s going on with Molly Lane? Asked about Town gravel and erosion much and a safety guard rail.
- Is there a line item for tree removal?
- Asked Dana how many hours are on the excavator? Said he would check.
Ann Farley reported on the Wage Committee. Longevity bonuses were discussed for employee reaching 5, 10, 15 and 20 year milestones as well as cost of living raises for employees who didn’t qualify for a longevity bonus.
VIII. Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter-Town Manager Contract
This will be delayed until next meeting when a full Board is present.
Edythe Harnden made a motion to adjourn at 7:05 pm. It was seconded by Chris Parker.
Motion carried. Workshop delayed until a full board is present.