Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:15 pm by Vice Chair, Jeff Harriman.
I. Roll Call
Present were: Selectmen; Jeff Harriman, Edythe Harnden, Jim Libby, Chris Parker, Town Manager, Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele A. Bukoveckas. Guest present was Josh Loiselle.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
Executive Session and Workshop would be delayed until a full Board is present.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the August 6, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jim Libby made a motion to approve the August 6, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried. Jim Libby did state that he would like the Garden Estates Road Issue brought back once the Town Manager has received information from the attorneys.
Josh Loiselle informed the Board that he had checked with the Town of Naples to see how much revenue is received from towers. He was told they receive about $1,392.98, which was less than what he was told Sebago receives. He feels that the proposed tower plan conflicts with our current Comprehensive Plan and that he feels our tower ordinance is out of date. Jeff Harriman will speak with Ann Farley concerning reviewing the ordinance. Jeff also informed Josh, that the Board had no capacity to do anything at this point.
There was none.
Jim Smith stated that the migration of data from one server to another had been done on Monday when the office was closed. As a result, “bugs” have surfaced which need to be addressed. Jim stated that the office would be closed on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 from 8am to 10am to help address these issues.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported the following:
- Went to the State Surplus Auction with Public Works Interim Foreman, Dana Batchelder to look for a new pick-up truck. He stated that they had purchased a 2002 GMC Sierra ¾ ton pick-up with about 80,000 miles and 4 new tires for $7,800. There is enough in the reserve to purchase a plow for the truck.
- Worked at the transfer station this weekend as the attendant was ill.
Edythe Harnden reported the following:
- George Hamm was awesome, it was sad that only 22 people showed up for the entertainment. George stated he would do something different next year. It was suggested that perhaps a winter show might draw more people.
- Harvest Dinner (hosted by Camp O AT KA) is Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 6:00 pm. Proceeds to benefits Fuel Assistance Fund.
- Still waiting for the windows to be installed on the weatherization project.
Chris Parker had no comments.
Jim Libby reported/commented on the following:
- Inquired about a pothole on Route 114 near Naomi Street. Town Manager, Jim Smith stated that was a State Road and they will have to fix it.
- Stated that some wood had been donated to an elderly couple on Robinson Hill Road. He will be working with the couple through his church and Opportunity Alliance to help them get a monitor heating system.
- Inquired about the status of Robinson Hill Road and Allen Road. Jim Smith stated that part of Robinson Hill Road would be paved before winter with the rest being done in the spring; Allen Road would be receiving a top coat after culverts are replaced at the bottom of the hill.
Jeff Harriman commented on the following:
- Would like to have the Goal Setting Workshop on the second meeting in September.
- Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter-Town Manager Contract
Postponed until a full Board is present.
Edythe Harnden made a motion to adjourn at 7:30 pm. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas
GOAL SETTING WORKSHOP-Postponed