Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:05 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Edythe Harnden, Jim Libby, Chris Parker, Jeff Harriman (joined at 6:20 pm), Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder; Michele Bukoveckas. Guest present was Fire Chief, Ken Littlefield.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the September 3, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Edythe Harnden made a motion to approve the September 3, 2013 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
There were none.
There was none.
- Appointments to CIP Committee Discussion (6 seats open)
Ann Farley stated she had contacted the individuals whose terms were up and most of them were interested in another term. Ann Farley made a motion to appoint Phil Lowe, Jim Jansz, Sherry Miller, Jim Smith and Edythe Harnden to the CIP Committee. It was seconded by Chris Parker.
- Fire Chief and Deputy Stipends
Fire Chief, Ken Littlefield explained that since the Fire and Rescue Departments are becoming one more duties are expected from the chief and deputies for fire and rescue. He proposed the following breakdown for stipends:
Deputy Fire Chief-$3,300
Deputy Rescue Chief-$3,300
It was stated that no additional funds were needed; this was just a re-distribution of the funds. Ann Farley made a motion to approve the changes to the stipends, retroactive to September 1, 2013. It was seconded by Jim Libby. Motion carried with Chris Parker opposed, and Jeff Harriman abstaining.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith stated that a second round of interviews would be held for the position of Working Public Works Director. He will call references prior to scheduling the interviews.
Jim Libby stated that the under growth needs to be trimmed on the south side of Shore Road. It is causing visibility issues.
Ann Farley commented on the following:
- Starting in November through April, the Board of Selectmen will meet one a month. This is to allow Board members to attend CIP and Budget meetings. The November 5 meeting will be held as usual, but in a different location due to elections.
- Received many “thank yous” for the bonuses that employees received.
- Waiting for Allen Crabtree to give her a copy of Jim Smith’s most recent contract so she can update it before the Board signs it.
- Albrecht Masonry quoted $1,900 to repair the wall at the Poor Cemetery. She informed the Board that there was $802.00 in a perpetual account that would be used to help defer the costs. Ann will try to get another quote.
Jeff Harriman made a motion to adjourn at 6:45 p.m. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas