Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Chairman, Ann Farley at 6:00 pm.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Jim Libby, Edythe Harnden, Chris Parker, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder; Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were Ned and Carol Woodman, Tina Vanesse, and Fire Chief; Ken Littlefield.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
Two additional quit claims were added.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the March 4, 2014 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jim Libby made a motion to approve the March 4, 2014 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Approval of the March 18, 2014 Selectmen’s Workshop Minutes
Jim Libby stated that the vote on the Budget Workshop Discussion should read
4-0, not 2-0. Jim Libby made a motion to approve the March 18, 2014 workshop minutes. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Ken Littlefield inquired if the Town’s grader had a wing and plow as there was a major washout at the bottom of Allen Road. It was stated that it did not, and that public works will look into that issue.
- Reimbursement of Real Estate Taxes paid as a result of Double Billing (Map 19, Lot 19)
Jim Smith stated that it was the attorney’s opinion that the Woodmans were entitled to the three years they received and that if they were not satisfied with the decision, they will have to appeal the decision to the Cumberland County Commissioners.
A. Sebago Home Health Services-Marcella Hinkell
Ms. Hinkell was not present.
B. Quit Claim for 012-007-E1
Ann Farley made a motion to approve the quit claim for
012-007-E1. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
C. Quit Claim for 030-008
Chris made a motion to approve the quit claim for 030-008. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
D. Quit Claim for 019-058
Ann Farley made a motion to approve the quit claim for 019-058. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
E. Quit Claim for 006-046
Jim Libby made a motion to approve the quit claim for 006-046. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
D. First Draft of Town Meeting Warrant
The Board reviewed the first draft and made a few changes (CIP list) and stated that a carry forward article was needed. This will be brought back at a future meeting. The warrant will be brought back at the next meeting.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim stated that preliminary figures show that the school budget might be reduced by $50,000. This might allow flexibility to provide raises for town employees.
Jim Libby reported/commented on the following:
- Spoke with Corinne Davis, concerning an individual that is willing to take over the ice rink and re-locate it.
- The Peabody Pond Porta-potty will remain in the recreation budget.
- Questioned the $500 expense for a class trip in the warrant. He felt that the school department should be paying for this, not the Town. It was stated that this was a good way for the Recreation Department to “reach out” to the school children regarding recreation programs offered.
- The Good Shepherd Mobile Food Van will be in Sebago on August 15, 2014.
Edythe Harnden reported/commented on the following:
- Has two individuals that are over income for General Assistance. One needs their monitor heater repaired, the other needs their chimney repaired. She stated that funds from the Fuel Assistance Fund could be used, but wanted to know how the Board felt about it. The Board stated that if they were over income for General Assistance then the Fuel Fund should not be used.
- Received a Certificate of Compliance for the General Assistance Program from Augusta.
Ann Farley reported/commented on the following:
- Distributed copies of the updated Investment Policy to the Board. She asked them to review this as it will be discussed at the next Board Meeting.
- Ann Burns will continue to update the sign at the Veterans Park as well as place flags on Veterans graves.
- Will place evaluation review forms for the Town Manager in the Board’s boxes. An executive session will be placed on the next agenda to review and discuss the forms.
Chris Parker had nothing to report.
Edythe Harnden made a motion to adjourn at 7:46 pm. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas