Call to Order
Meeting called to order at 6pm
I. Roll Call
Members present: Chris Parker, Jeff Harriman, Ann Farley, Edie Harnden, and Jim Libby and TOWN MANAGER Jim Smith. Guests: Rescue Chief, Jason Schoolcraft, and Fire Chief Ken Littlefield
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
III. Written Communication
- Comments from the Public
- Old Business
A. Signing of Town Meeting Warrant
Jeff made a motion to sign the warrant seconded by Edie. Motion carried 5-0.
A. Awarding of the Rescue Bid
Two bids received. Greenwood bid--$177,555 after discounts and Sugarloaf $161,851 with trade in of $7500. Decision made to put existing ambulance out to bid with goal of more than trade in price. Jason stated that Frye Island expressed interest in ambulance for $8,500. Jeff made a motion to award the bid to Sugarloaf seconded by Chris. Motion carried 5-0.
Jason read a letter from Maine Medical Center regarding invoice 152418 as a hardship case. Ann made a motion to grant the hardship seconded by Edie. Motion carried 5-0.
B. Reimbursement from the Fannie Fitch Perpetual Care Trust Fund for work done
No action taken. Jim to call person who authorized the work to verify the bill. Also to discuss that the Town should be notified before work done to make sure funds available. Bring back for discussion at next Bos meeting.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
- Town Manager
- SelecTown Manageren
- Noted higher light bill for the Town Hall. Town Manager stated possible increased usage over the past month.
- Outside light at Town Hall not working. Town Manager stated that Osgood Electric has been contacted.
- Mowing bid. Jim stated he will advertise this week
- Water test at Public Works. Town Manager stated he will have the water retested and evaluate the need for drilling a new well.
- Generators. We need two generators and hopefully enough money can be found in the existing budget at the end of this fiscal year.
- Would like the actual cost of work done on each road as the project is completed.
- Town mailbox needs to be replaced
Chris made a motion to adjourn at 7:15pm seconded by Edie. Motion carried