Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Chairman, Ann Farley at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Edythe Harnden, Jim Libby, Chris Parker, Jeff Harriman, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Deputy Town Clerk and Recorder; Donna M. Cook and Dana Batchelder.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
Will move Cemetery Bid from Town Manager’s report to Comments from the Public as Dana Batchelder is in attendance.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the April 15th Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jeff Harriman made the motion to accept the April 15th minutes as written. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried 5-0.
- Approval of the April 29th Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jim Libby made the motion to accept the April 29th minutes as written. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried 5-0.
Dana expressed an interest in the mowing bid and what the outcome was. Jim Smith then reported that New England Outdoors and Dana Batchelder DBA Mr. Maintenance were the two bids that were submitted. New England Outdoors did not follow the criteria but did their bid as a 1 year only contract for both lists at $16,500 or for a 3 year contract for both lists at $37,500. Mr. Maintenance did his bid for a 3 year contract with a total annual amount of $11036.54 with a 3% escalator for each of the three years. Break down for first list for clean-up and lawn care being $9,068.00 and second list of cemeteries for clean up only being $1968.54. After discussion, the motion was made by Ann to accept Mr. Maintenance’s bid for the cemetery clean-up for 11,036.54 with a 3% escalator with the adjustment that 2 cemeteries will be
removed and Jim and Dana will discuss any cost differences. Jeff Harriman seconded it with the adjustments being made. Motion carried 5-0.
Ann reported that the amount of school decrease is less than reported at the School meeting. Original amount was $54,000, and new amount is $39,000. It was stated that an incorrect spreadsheet was used at the meeting and published in Bridgton News.
- Discussion of Reimbursement for Repairs to the Fannie Fitch Cemetery
After discussion, the decision was made to request proper invoices. This item was tabled until the next meeting. It will be added to next month’s agenda. Jim Smith will request proper invoices and will see if this is encroaching on anyone’s property and will report his findings at the next meeting.
A. Discussion of Closing the Front Office at Noon on
June 27, 2014 for Year End Procedures
Jim Smith stated that this has been done in the past and is necessary. A consensus approval by the Board was given for the Front Office to Close for Year End Procedures.
B. Re-Appointment of Jim Jansz to the Planning Board
After discussions of his appointment and Planning Board size, Jeff Harriman made the motion to re-appoint Jim Jansz to the Planning Board. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried 5-0.
C. Preparations for Town Meeting
Ann reported that Michele had wanted to know if anything else was wanted at the head table besides and the CIP and Budget and at the back would there be anything else besides the CIP report. The Board agreed that the items for the head table were fine but at the back table after discussion, it was decided that along with the CIP, an hourly wage rate range for each position should also be present.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported the following:
- He received a letter from Amy Tchao. The first paragraph is regarding the Bateman and Davis tax lien foreclosure issues. The second paragraph is in regards to withdrawing from SAD 61 which Amy stated she could not comment on as they represent SAD 61 as well as the Town of Sebago and would be a conflict of interest to do so. Edie stated to Jim that she had met a former housekeeper of the Bateman’s who said that Tom Bateman had died. Jim Stated he would verify.
- Ron Moran offered a bid for the old rescue unit for $8500. He was the only bid for the old rescue unit.
- Revisited the Blow Brothers portable potty current contract and they lowered their costs for the newest contract.
- An individual has rented seasonal camp property on Folly Rd that is not maintained year round for plowing. He intends to stay year round and has made the request that the road be plowed. Ann asked if MMA could be consulted for clarification. When information is obtained this will be put back on the agenda.
- Submitted nomination papers for him to be on the Legislative Committee. After discussions, the motion was made by Ann to allow Jim to submit his nomination paperwork. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried 5-1, with Jim Libby opposing.
Edythe Harden the following:
- Need to get together with Leslie and other committee members to discuss foreclosed properties.
- Last fall she had approached Neal about the waste oil and never heard back as the Town given it to her son for years. She said she heard from other Town workers that the oil was being sold and wanted to verify.
Ann Farley reported the following:
- Presented a proposal to have David Twrombly restore the wooden marker for only the cost of materials that is in the Ward cemetery. This is the only wooden marker in town. Once the costing is obtained it will be put on the agenda and discussed further.
Jim Libby reported the follow:
- Asked if water test at Town Garage was done and what results were. Jim Smith reported the test was done and there was an improvement from before but results weren’t good. A new well will be needed. This will need to be budgeted and then bid out once ready
- Noticed a charge for $900 for tires for the ambulance.
- Three inches or minus gravel that was hauled out and costing associated with it. A copy is forthcoming for the Board to review.
Chris Parker reported the following:
- Asked Jim Smith when the grinder was coming. Jim stated that it is broken and is being repaired.
Jeff Harriman reported the following:
- Asked about cemetery repair on 107 and what the end date would be. The response was that the family took this over from the Town to privately contract and pay for the stone repairs so an end date is not known.
There were no comments from Committees
- Executive Session, Pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter – Town Manager Performance Review
Pursuant to Title § 405 (6) (F) to Discuss a Personnel Matter, Ann Farley made a motion to enter into executive session @ 7:33 after a break. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion carried 5-0. The Board of Selectmen came out of executive session @ 8:18. No action taken in executive session.
Jim Libby made the motion to adjourn @ 8:20. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman.
Motion carried 5-0.