Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm, by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Edythe Harnden, Jim Libby, Chris Parker, Jeff Harriman, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guest present was Fire/Rescue Chief; Kenneth Littlefield.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
Jim Libby would like to have a discussion on Generators and Year End Protocol. Ann stated they would be added to new business.
III. Written Communication
A. Approval of the May 20, 2014 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jim Libby requested that the minutes be corrected to reflect that he voted against nominating Jim Smith to the Legislative Committee. Jeff Harriman made a motion to approve the minutes as corrected by Jim Libby. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Fire/Rescue Chief Ken Littlefield stated that during a recent safety audit, it was brought to his attention that the Hazard Communication Policy is out of date. Jim Smith will check with Stanley Abraham our Safety Consultant.
A. Discussion of Reimbursement for Repairs to the Fannie Fitch Cemetery
Jim Smith spoke with the Fitch brothers and they have no problem in using the trust fund to reimburse their sister for the bench. Ann Farley made a motion to reimburse the sister using funds from the Fannie Fitch Trust Fund, providing a letter be sent stating that in the future, work should be pre authorized by the Board of Selectmen. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
Jim Libby stated that Station 2 and 3 do not have generators. This makes operations such as opening the overhead doors difficult in the event the power goes out. He would like to see if money could be found in the budget to purchase and install the generators in this fiscal year. Jim Libby will get quotes for the next meeting.
B. Year End Protocol
Jim Libby stated that he was not in favor of “pre purchasing” supplies just because the funds existed in the current budget. This could result in an inventory control issue.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith had nothing to report.
Chris Parker reported/commented on the following:
- Will be taking down a tree on Shore Road which is a public easement. The tree is encroaching on the power lines.
Jim Libby had nothing to report.
Jeff Harriman had nothing to report.
Edythe Harnden reported/commented on the following:
- Will not be asking George Hamm to Sebago this year. She stated that the event is not attended well enough to make it profitable for both George and the Fuel Fund. She is looking for ideas and volunteers to make the Fuel Fund a success.
- Feels that the construction signs should be located closer to the construction site (Robinson Hill Rd) to alert traffic. Ken Littlefield stated that the signs are located per standards set by the State.
- Feels that the raises should not exceed 2% as that is what was set by the Board. Not every one will necessarily get 2%, but no one should get more.
Ann Farley reported/commented on the following:
- The Board will be meeting with Allen Crabtree (moderator) at 8:15 am which is prior to the Annual Town Meeting.
- Requested that copies of wage scale and wages for all employees be available for the head table.
VIII. Executive Session, Pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter – Town Manager Performance Review
Jeff Harriman made a motion to enter into Executive Session at 7:05 pm, Pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter – Town Manager Performance Review. It was seconded by Ann Farley. Motion carried.
The Board reconvened at 7:45 pm. No action taken during Executive Session.
Ann Farley made a motion to give the Town Manager a 2% raise for the fiscal year 2014-2015. It was seconded by Jeff Harriman. Motion carried 3-0. With Chris Parker and Jim Libby opposing.
A motion to adjourn was made and seconded at 7:47pm. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas