Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Vice Chair, Jim Libby at 5:57pm.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Jim Libby, Edythe Harnden, Tim Mayberry, Chris Parker, Town Manager; Jim Smith. Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were: Code Enforcement Officer; Brandon Woolley, Fire Chief; Ken Littlefield, and Phil Strike.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
New Business, B-Update from Code Enforcement.
III. Written Communication
A. Approval of the February 3, 2015 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jim Libby stated that there were a few corrections:
- Under Road Committee Update, list that Shore Road is still on schedule for next spring when we have funds and time.
- Under Swamp Road Discussion, clarify that excess fill and road material can be stored mid-way on Swamp Road (old logging site)
There being no further corrections, Jim Libby made a motion to accept the minutes as amended. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
There were none.
There were none.
A. Budget Committee Policy
This policy was development from a sample ordinance provided by MMA. This policy will provide the Budget Committee with guidelines on the formation of the committee, qualifications, terms, quorums, procedures, and powers and duties. There was some discussion about adding the “line item descriptions”, but Michele stated there is some work to do on “refining” them. Jim Libby made a motion to approve “A policy for Governing Budget Committee Procedures” without the line item descriptions. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
B. Code Enforcement Update
Brandon Woolley stated the following:
- Sebago has been averaging 6 new homes a year. This year, Sebago has 43 open permits for new homes. 27 of which are being built by nonresidents, and 6 of those are people planning to relocate here, and 10 are locals building new homes.
- Dealing with numerous issues (past and present)
- Working on developing Ordinances and Polices, such as: docks, road acceptance.
- Working on addressing discrepancies on the Zoning Map and developing policies and procedures to do so.
- Stated that there were Appeals cases coming up.
- Working on Amendments to Site Plan Review and Sub Division Ordinances.
- Stated that “The Beaches” will be re-opening the restaurant and plans on having a liquor license. In addition, they would like to have live entertainment, which will require a Special Amusement Permit. In order to have the permit, the Town needs to have an ordinance, and he is in the process of developing one.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim had nothing to report.
Jim Libby reported/commented on the following:
- Asked for an update on the Bateman issue. Jim Smith stated that the Batemans had been served stating that the Town is seeking a quite title. The Batemans had to reply, and they have. Our next step is to file for a Summary Judgment, which Brian Willing will be doing.
- Stated that Ann Farley will be developing a write up for the Annual Report on the Cuttings.
- Stated he will develop a write up Bob Burns.
- Mentioned that other options are being looked at for the Fire Barn. In addition, he mentioned that the Board would like firmer numbers and more estimates prior to Town Meeting.
Edythe Harnden reported/commented on the following:
- Stated that Donna Cook was developing a calendar to raise funds for the Fuel Fund. This calendar would be sold for $10.00, and offers the purchaser a chance to win a prize every day for 30 days. The Board will re visit this idea at another meeting.
Tim Mayberry had nothing to report.
Chris Parker had nothing to report.
At this point the Board went into a workshop at 7:05 pm.
VIII. Executive Session, Pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter – Town Manager’s Contract
As it was late, the Board postponed the Executive Session to the next Board meeting.
Tim Mayberry made a motion to adjourn at 9:15 pm. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas,