Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Chairman, Ann Farley at 6:00 p.m.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Edythe Harnden, Jim Libby, Chris Parker; Tim Mayberry, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Recorder and Town Clerk, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were: Deputy Rescue Chief; Jason Schoolcraft, and Denise Olsen.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
New Business, C- SYAA Discussion
III. Written Communication
A. Approval of the June 2, 2015 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jim Libby made a motion to approve the June 2, 2015 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Ann Farley. Motion carried.
There were none.
- Rescue Debt Collection Discussion
Jason stated there is approximately $20,000 in uncollected debt. Current practice consists of sending out 3 bills, and then a letter follows. The debt then stays on the Town books, anything over 4 years old is deemed uncollectable. A collection agency would charge the Town 30% of what it collects. The Board felt it was time that a collection agency is used to collect the debt. Ann Farley made a motion that Jason pursue a collection agency and bring a proposal back to the Board for further discussion. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Election of Board of Selectmen Chair and Vice Chair
Edythe Harnden nominated Ann Farley as Chair. It was seconded by Jim Libby. Motion carried. Ann Farley nominated Jim Libby as Vice Chair. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
C. SYAA Discussion
The Board asked Denise Olsen to address the Board concerning the disbursement of SYAA funds. Denise stated that she had not requested funds for FY16 because she feels that with the funds from FY15 and fundraising, she can efficiently run the program. She stated that the program has been suffering over the years with participation and poor fund management. She stated she has already made progress and double the number of participants. She stated that the funds from FY15 will be used to fix the buildings and signs at the ball fields.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported/commented on the following:
- The new town truck was delivered today.
- July 4th is a Saturday; therefore the Town Office will be closed on Friday, July 3rd.
- Met with Steve Titcomb concerning the possibility of listing the Bateman property. The Board raised concerns of losing some of the revenue to commission fees. This issue will be revisited.
Chris Parker reported/commented on the following:
- Spoke with Lori Clow. Better signage and trail markings are needed at Douglas Mountain as several people are getting lost.
Tim Mayberry had nothing to comment or report.
Jim Libby reported/commented on the following:
- At the July 7st meeting appointments to the Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals will need to be addressed.
- Need to address signage issues (Sebago Rd, Town Lines) as stated at the Town Meeting.
Edythe Harnden reported/commented on the following:
- Inquired where the radar speed sign was. Ann Farley answered it was located at Nason’s Beach.
- Recently spoke with Donna Cook concerning the raffle calendar. Donna stated she is continuing to work on the calendar.
- Dunk tank will be available for pick up on Friday, July 17th, and will be returned on Sunday, July 19th. The town will only be charged for 1 day.
- Inquired why the town truck was not used for the trip to Skowhegan. Jim replied that it was being repaired that day.
Ann Farley reported/commented on the following:
- Still has not heard back from Carrie Walia of Loon Echo Land Trust regarding the site walk of the Perely Mills property.
- Thursday morning meetings will be postponed for a few weeks due to other appointments.
- Policy Committee will meet this Friday at 9:30 am.
- Stated that Michele sent an email to the Board concerning funds from the sale of the Davis property that should be transferred to the Land Acquisition Fund per the Tax Acquired Policy. The amount to be transferred is $35,894.29. Michele stated that she had spoken to the auditor regarding if this could be changed in order to allow the funds to roll into the Undesignated Fund. The auditors stated that the policy could be changed. Chris Parker suggested that 10% of tax acquired property sales go to the Land Acquisition Fund, with the balance rolling into the UFB.
VIII. Executive Session, Pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter – Town Manager’s Contract
Chris Parker made a motion to enter into Executive Session Pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (A) to Discuss a Personnel Matter – Town Manager’s Contract at 7:17 pm. It was seconded by Jim Libby. Motion carried.
The Board came out of executive session at 7:30. Tim made a motion to have Ann contact the Town's attorney to review new language in the Town Manager's Employee Contract regarding Terms of Employment. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
Jim Libby made a motion to adjourn at 7:40 pm. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.