Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Chris Parker, Ann Farley, Edythe Harnden, Jim Libby, Tim Mayberry, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present: Phil Strike and Carl Dolloff.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
There were none.
III. Written Communication
A. Approval of the November 17, 2015 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Jim Libby made a motion to approve the November 17, 2015 Minutes. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
IV. Comments from the Public
V. New Business
A. CIP Discussion
The following changes were made to the CIP list:
- Ann Farley made a motion to remove the front end loader from the CIP list. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
- Jim Libby made a motion to have a warrant article at town meeting asking the legislative body to transfer the sum of $4,480 from the Transfer Station CIP account and transfer all funds from the Yard Waste CIP account to the Public Safety Building CIP account. The Yard Waste account would then be removed from CIP. The motion was seconded by Ann Farley. Motion carried.
- Ann Farley made a motion to have a warrant article at town meeting asking the legislative body to transfer the funds from the RTE 114 Drainage CIP account to the Public Safety Building CIP account. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Jim Libby made a motion to move the Land Acquisition CIP account to the fully funded accounts. It was seconded by Ann Farley. Motion carried.
- Jim Libby made a motion to “hide” the column titled “1% plus interest “in the CIP spreadsheet. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
The Board will be inviting the CIP Committee to their next Board meeting in January.
B. Allocation of Foreclosure Proceeds
Jim Libby made a motion to transfer 10% of the net proceeds to the Land Acquisition Fund. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
C. Public Safety Building Update
Phil Strike distributed a sketch for a 72 x 73 building. The sketch plan shows how the building will look with the vehicles inside. Some members of the Board felt that there was too much space available between the walls and vehicles. Phil Strike stated that the sketch plan did not show benches for equipment which would take up some of the extra space. Jim Smith stated that he will be meeting with Jason Jendrasko of Benchmark next week and would ask Code Enforcement Officer, Brandon Woolley to join. Ann Farley and Jim Libby stated they would like to be present as well. At this meeting, a better sketch plan will be developed and RFPs will be developed. The Board is hopeful, that the building could be built for
$85/sq. ft. or less. Jim Libby asked that the leach field be staked out to better visualize how the building will fit on the site. Jim Smith further stated that he will be contacting Mr. Noel to do some timber harvesting on town property.
VI. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported/commented on the following:
- In the event that the M.S.A.D. # 61 referendum passes, it will create a $.24 increase in Sebago’s mil rate.
- Will be meeting with Gordy Billington from Standish tomorrow and will discuss the student study program.
Chris Parker reported/commented on the following:
- Inquired if the salt mixing had been completed. Jim Smith reported it had.
Tim Mayberry had nothing to comment or report.
Jim Libby reported/commented on the following:
- Inquired if Anderson and Son’s supply the front end loader to load the sand and salt. Jim Smith stated that they do not, we used our own equipment.
- Felt that the stainless steel body on the Volvo in the amount of $3,245 should be paid from the V01 CIP account. Michele will do the correction.
Edythe Harnden reported/commented on the following:
- Met the Batemans this week. She stated that they were very nice and thanked the town for working with them.
- Inquired about the plowing of Allen Road. Jim Smith stated that Neal Farwell will meet with the Allens to fix the culvert at the top of hill, and discuss a turn around. Allen Road is an easement road beyond the paved area and is designated to be plowed.
Ann Farley reported/commented on the following:
- Asked if Jim Smith had spoken with the Anderson’s concerning adding Spider View Road to their contract. Jim Smith he had and that the contract would be adjusted to reflect the additional mileage.
- Asked Jim Libby to meet with her and Jim Smith this Thursday.
Chris Parker made a motion to adjourn at 7:40 pm. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas,