Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Chris Parker, Ann Farley, Jim Libby, Tim Mayberry, Edythe Harnden, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were Paul and Ryan Anderson.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
Ann Farley stated Superintendent of MSAD # 61; Al Smith would like to address the Board and will be acknowledged upon his arrival. In addition, a Budget Discussion would be added to the agenda.
III. Written Communication
A. Approval of the February 23, 2016 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Tim Mayberry made a motion to approve the February 23, 2016 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes with amendments. It was seconded by Jim Libby. Motion carried.
IV. Comments from the Public
V. New Business
A. Town Report Dedication
Michele suggested the Town Report be dedicated to the Volunteers in Sebago. The Board welcomed the idea, and will begin to work on a dedication.
B. Signing of the MSAD # 61 Referendum Warrants (April 12, 2016)
Jim Libby made a motion to sign the MSAD # 61 Referendum Warrants, Election to be held on April 12, 2016. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
C. Plowing Contract Bids Discussion
Jim Smith stated that one (1) bid was submitted and it was from George Anderson & Sons. Jim stated that the Andersons are requesting $3,900 a mile, and that the contract includes Spider View Rd and a portion of Folly Rd. The total for the contract is $82,290 a year for three (3) years. Ann Farley made a motion to award the plowing contract to George Anderson & Sons. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
D. Budget Discussion
Michele stated that while preparing the Town Meeting Warrant; she noticed a discrepancy between the CIP Worksheet and the numbers listed under CIP in the budget for the Public Safety Building Account. It was stated that warrant articles have been developed asking voters to transfer funds from the following CIP Accounts: Yard Waste, Transfer Station Enhancements and the RTE. 114 Drainage accounts to the Public Safety Building CIP Account. Michele stated that the $8,092 which is listed in the CIP worksheet should be listed in the budget in the event voters do not approve the transfers. In addition, a warrant article should be developed reducing CIP by $8,092 in the event the article regarding the transfers passes. Ann Farley made a motion to list
$8,092 for Public Safety in the CIP portion of the budget. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
Edythe Harnden made a motion to not fund the Fuel Fund in the amount of $2,000 this year stating that she has sufficient funds and will do fund raising projects. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
VI. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported/commented on the following:
- Has requested a description of Engine 2 so it can be put up for sale. Jim also stated that Public Works has expressed interest in the fire truck for the purpose of flushing culverts.
- 2 of the foreclosures from 2012 have been resolved, there is one left to address which Jim will contact the owner.
Chris Parker had nothing to report.
Tim Mayberry had nothing to report.
Edythe Harnden reported/commented on the following:
- There will be a General Assistance workshop at the Cornish Town Hall on April 13, 2016 from 9am to 2pm.
Jim Libby reported/commented on the following:
- Road Committee will be meeting at 7am on
Tuesday, March 8th here at the Town Office.
- While reviewing the warrant, noticed some items that were incorrectly posted. Michele stated that these errors have been corrected. Jim Libby feels that more scrutiny needs to be done to assure these errors won’t happen again.
- Issue has come up during the recent Zoning Board of Appeals that might need to be addressed by the Board of Selectmen during an Executive Session. Jim Libby would like Jim Smith to check with MMA or our attorneys to see if the Board has jurisdiction to address this issue.
Ann Farley reported/commented on the following:
- Would like the cupola at the Historical Society repaired before monies in the current budget roll over into the UFB. Phil Strike stated he would look at it after the snow is gone.
- Jim Libby and she will meet with Jim Smith this Thursday at 8am.
- Committees-Withdrawal Committee, Tim Mayberry
Tim Mayberry stated that the committee met with the School Board on February 23, 2016. Tim Mayberry was elected as Chairman of the Withdrawal Committee. He stated they plan on filing for an extension. The next meeting of the Withdrawal Committee is planned for March 10, 2016 7pm at the Town Office. The Board plans on beginning “number crunching” in regarding to Sebago staying with the district, and what it will cost the district if Sebago leaves.
Edythe Harnden made a motion to adjourn at 6:45 pm. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas
Workshop-Starting at 7pm
Interviews with Contractors to discuss RFQ