Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Chairman, Ann Farley at 6:00 pm.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Jim Libby, Tim Mayberry, Edythe Harnden, Chris Parker, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
There were none.
III. Written Communication
A. Approval of the May 3, 2016 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Edythe Harnden made a motion to approve the May 3, 2016 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
IV. Comments from the Public
There was none.
V. Old Business
A. There was none.
VI. New Business
A. Sand/Salt Inventory Discussion
Jim Libby stated that he had met with Public Works Director, Neal Farwell to do an inventory of our sand/salt pile. It is estimated that the town currently has approximately $21,000 of sand/salt in stock. It was suggested that the road budget be reduced at the Annual Town Meeting by that amount.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith reported/commented on the following:
- Swamp Road has been paved. The supply area has been loamed and seeded.
- Ridge Circle has been paved.
- Repairs to the Staples/Ward cemetery railing have been done by Eric Borg.
- The steps at the Town Hall have been repaired by Eric Borg.
- Received a check in the amount of $13,387.50 for the town timber.
- Would like to adjust the CEO’s wages.
Chris Parker reported/commented on the following:
- Asked when the brush pile at the Haley-Davis cemetery will be removed. Jim Smith stated he will have Public Works remove it.
Tim Mayberry reported/commented on the following:
- The loading ramps at the Public Works garage need to be repaired. Jim Smith will discuss this with Neal.
- Two mowers at Public Works should be advertised for sale. Jim Smith will place ads in the Shopping Guide.
Edythe Harnden had nothing to report or comment on.
Ann Farley reported/commented on the following:
- Tiles in the lower Town Hall ceilings are broken and falling down. These should be replaced as well as some mold removed in the bathrooms. Jim Smith will purchase the tiles and have Public Works install them.
- Reminded the Board about the School Budget Vote and Town elections on May 31st.
Jim Libby reported/commented on the following:
- Would like to have a Road Committee meeting to decide which roads should be designated for work. The list would need to be approved by the Board of Selectmen. Work would be contingent on monies available.
- Committees-Withdrawal Committee, Tim Mayberry
Tim gave the Board an overview of the committee’s progress.
Tim Mayberry made a motion to adjourn at 7:10 pm. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas