PUBLIC HEARING ON O. DANS
MALT, SPIRITUOUS AND VINOUS LICENSE
Chairman, Ann Farley opened the Public Hearing at 6:00pm. Ann stated that the applicants did not check off what type of license they were applying for as well as left several blanks on the application. It was stated that this was a renewal application and that the omitted information probably pertained to a new license. There were no comments from the public. Ann Farley closed the public hearing at 6:05pm.
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:05 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were Selectmen: Ann Farley, Edythe Harnden, Chris Parker, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests
present were: Jim Libby and Leslie Barrett.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
There was none.
III. Written Communication
A. Approval of the June 21, 2016 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Ann Farley made a motion to approve the June 21, 2016 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
IV. Comments from the Public
Jim Libby stated that the term “wood products” as stated in the Town’s Purchasing Policy is a term that is used in most foresters’ contracts. The term is inclusive and pertains to: firewood, biomass, wood chips etc. It is a proper term to use as opposed to timber.
V. Old Business
A. Foreclosure Discussion
Jim Smith stated that the committee has met and recommends the sale of the two properties for back taxes and legal fees. Ann Farley made a motion to have the Town Manager contact the Town Attorneys and proceed with the sale of the properties. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
VI. New Business
A. Approval of Liquor License for O.Dans Restaurant
Edythe Harnden made a motion to approve the Liquor License for O.Dans Restaurant. It was seconded by Ann Farley. Motion carried.
Chris Parker made a motion to appoint Brandon Woolley as Sebago’s Code Enforcement Officer and Local Plumbing
Inspector. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Ann Farley made a motion to appoint: Corinne AuCoin, Isabelle Koceika, Monika Norberg, Norma Sicotte, Dorothy
O’Donnell and Amy Barden as Ballot Clerks for FY 16-17. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Jim Libby was appointed at the June 6th Selectmen’s Meeting to finish Phil Lowe’s term (June 30, 2017)
- Capital Investment Program (CIP Committee)
Ann Farley made a motion to appoint the following individuals to the CIP Committee for FY 16-17:
- Jim Libby (Member at Large)
- Phil Lowe (Board of Selectmen)
- Jim Jansz (Budget Committee)
- Jim Smith (Town Manager)
It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried. Jim Smith will speak with Sherry Miller and Joseph McMahon to see if they are interested in being re-appointed. There will be one open seat to be filled.
- Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals
It was stated there is a vacancy on the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals which needs to be filled. It was recommended to advertise in the Shopping Guide and web page. Also to advertise for CIP members if sears are vacant.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim Smith commented/reported on the following:
- Recreation Director, Denise Olsen would like to have a family night complete with bon fire at the Town Beach. He stated that our beach rules state “no fires”, but thought he would ask the Board. Although the Board supports the family night idea, they were against the idea of any fires on the Town Beach.
- Met with Tim Murphy, Esq from Saco. It was stated that our current Town Attorney also represents the school district and therefore they will not represent us with the process. Jim Smith felt that Mr. Murphy has a lot he could offer to the Town of Sebago. The Board stated they would like to meet with Mr. Murphy in executive session during the first meeting in August.
- At a recent Town Manager’s Luncheon, Aimee Senatore from the Bridgton Chamber of Commerce was asking the Town Managers if they would be interested in participating in a media campaign of the Lakes Region. She stated she would like to meet with local Boards and ask for a contribution. The Board stated there are no funds available. Jim will contact Aimee with this information.
- Stated that the Board should re-visit the Transfer Station fees and make a few adjustments.
Chris Parker had nothing to report.
Edythe Harnden commented/reported on the following:
- Thanked Jim Smith for having the Haley-Davis cemetery cleaned and ramp installed for access.
- Stated there was 3 slots still open on the raffle calendar, if you have a donation, please contact Edie.
- Has called Camp O AT KA concerning the Harvest Dinner.
- Needs volunteers to help with the dunk tank
- Following a suggestion from Phil Lowe, regarding services for the elderly, she believes guest speakers from Southern Maine Area Agency on Aging could come to the Senior Luncheons and speak to the seniors on issues which might affect them.
Ann Farley commented/reported on the following:
- Reminded Board members of the Elected Officials Workshop in Bridgton on July 14th from 4:30pm- 8:30pm.
- No Thursday morning meeting this week, next week with is Ann and Edythe.
- The meeting on July 19th will be workshop.
- Withdrawal Committee, Tim Mayberry
Tim Mayberry was not present.
B. Road Committee
Jim Libby stated that he had done some research and that Valley Lane was not approved by the committee as previously thought. It was just a general conversation with the Public Works Director, Neal Farwell. Jim Libby also stated that the “Letter Streets” are not ready for repairs/paving.
Chris Parker made a motion to adjourn at 7:06 pm. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas