CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. ROLL CALL
Present were Selectmen; Ann Farley, Edythe Harnden; Tim Mayberry, Chris Parker; Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were: Joan Morford and Phil Strike.
II. ADJUSTMENTS TO THE AGENDA
New Business: B: Appointment of Town Auditors for FY 17, 18, and 19
C: Pole Permit Application (Convene Rd. and Berry Rd.)
III. WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
A. Approval of the July 6, 2016 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Edythe Harnden made a motion to approve the July 6, 2016 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried with Tim Mayberry abstaining.
IV. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC
Joan Morford addressed the Board once again concerning the culvert on her property. She stated that it is filled in with sand and that is causing water to run into her garage. In addition, sand is washing up on the grass. She stated that it has to be dug out with a shovel, not the machine. Jim Smith will make sure this is done in a timely fashion. She also informed the Board that signage is needed to help people find the parking lot for Douglas Mountain as they are still getting lost. In addition, the “drop off” sign at the top of the hill still has not been re set.
Phil Strike addressed the Board concerning a safety issue at the Town Beach. He stated that children are swimming in the channel. Boat traffic has to wait until the children clear the channel before they can pass. It was stated that a sign was there at one point stating “No Swimming in the Channel” but it no longer exists. It was also stated that this would be difficult to enforce. Jim Smith will order a sign to address “No Swimming in the channel” and the picnic table will be returned to the regular beach area.
V. OLD BUSINESS
VI. NEW BUSINESS
A. Land Donation Discussion
Jim Smith stated that Ron and Maureen Tabor would like to make a land donation to the Town. Jim showed the proposed lots to the Board. It was stated that the Town could keep one lot and perhaps
sell the other lot. Jim will inform the Tabors’ the Board would consider accepting the gift.
B. Appointment of Town Auditors for Fiscal Years, 2017, 2018 and 2019
Ann Farley made a motion to appoint Berry, Talbot and Royer as the Town Auditors, for fiscal years 2017, 2018, and 2019. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion carried.
C. Pole Permit Application
Fairpoint is requesting a pole permit at the intersection of Convene Road and Berry Road. Chris Parker made a motion to approve the pole permit application. It was seconded by Tim Mayberry. Motion
VII. REPORTS FROM TOWN OFFICALS
A. Town Manager
Jim Smith reported/commented on the following:
- The granite post at the Sebago Veteran’s Memorial Park has been fixed.
- Peaked Mountain Road has been reconditioned. The Board wanted Jim to thank the crew for a great job!
- John Abrams will be providing a quote for refinishing the gym floor.
- Ceiling tiles for the Town Hall restrooms have been purchased. Eric Borg will be installing the tiles as well as repairing the faucets, doors and windows.
- Jim Libby previously stated that a CIP line should be developed for dry hydrants. Jim Smith spoke with Michele, she stated that a general ledger account exist for dry hydrants, all the Board would have to do is “carry over” the funds from the expense budget to the general ledger. Ann Farley made a motion to carry over $1,289.51 from FY 16 to the general ledger account G 1-330-10. It was seconded by Chris Parker. Motion carried.
- The lip into the Rescue Building has been fixed. A 4 x6 ramp will be installed or a 24 x 24 concrete pad will be installed that will make the lip and rescue building level.
- Murphy’s Waste in Naples will accept boats for disposal at the owner’s costs.
- The ground under the container at the Transfer Station has been washed.
- Considering hiring a temporary 40 hour a week position at Public Works for the summer. This position would have the potential to become a full time position in the future.
- Will be speaking with Denise to ensure that she reserves some beach hours for next June as that is part of this operating budget. The Beach budget might have to be increased next year.
Chris Parker had nothing to report.
Tim Mayberry had nothing to report.
Ann Farley reported/commented on the following:
- Has given a copy of the Town of Falmouth’s Email Policy to the Board for their review. She stated that the Policy Committee will be meeting to discuss this policy.
Edythe Harnden reported/commented on the following:
- The dunk tank only generated a profit of $20.00. She stated she will not be doing the dunk tank next year.
- The “Raffle Calendar” has generated a profit of $300.00 so far for the Fuel Assistance Fund.
- CAMP O AT KA will be hosting a Harvest Dinner for the Fuel Assistance Fund on August 24, at 6:00 pm. The cost is $8.00 per ticket.
- Asked if the policy committee will be developing a Mileage Reimbursement Policy. Ann stated they will be discussing that when they meet for the email policy.
Tim Mayberry updated the Board on the ongoing withdrawal process.
Chris Parker made a motion to adjourn at 7:07pm. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas