Skip Navigation
Sebago Maine Town Seal
This table is used for column layout.
 
Community Disaster Committee Minutes 08/15/2007
Community Disaster Committee

Minutes of Committee Meeting, Wednesday, August 15, 2007.  

Meeting called to order at 6:30 p.m.

Members present:  Carol Brown, Jason Schoolcraft, Allen Crabtree, and Robert Nicholson
Members absent: Ken Littlefield, Tim Smith, Anita Chadbourne, and Dan Nowell
Guests present: Jim Ledoux

1.      Minutes from June 30 meeting were distributed and approved.

2.      Generators – Allen reported that the FY07 grant application window with Homeland Security has not yet opened, but that he is monitoring it and will prepare a grant application when the time comes.  In the meantime, he will present the grant application worksheet to the BOS for approval in anticipation of the window opening in August or September

Action items - Allen will prepare a grant application request form for review by the BOS and the Town Manager, and will track the grant application process to see when the window will open.

Allen will contact Bob Greene to prepare another estimate for the wiring of the three buildings and to inspect the current wiring system.  

3.      Old Town Hall Renovations - Jason reported no action on the projector room repair supplies list, and no progress has been made on cleaning out the room behind the Recreation Director’s office (old Town Clerk’s office).  Dan said that he was still waiting on get an estimate for installing the showers.

There was discussion about the items needed in the command center.  Phones, maps and a white board, signs outside and inside.  The shelter should have supplies to accommodate 50 people (cots, blankets, water, food, paper products) and be self-sufficient for three days.

Action items – Jason will prepare a list of supplies needed for the projector room and submit it to the Town Manager for review and approval.  The Town Manager will have Public Works clean out the Recreation Director’s office and the room behind it so that a plan for renovations can be drawn up.  Dan will follow up with Kurt or other contractors to get an estimate for the showers.

4.      Shelter Supplies – Carol suggested that an area of storing paper products for the shelter could be made in the area adjacent to the food pantry.

Action items - Carol will solicit donations of storage boxes and paper supplies for the shelter.  A donation letter for water will be drawn up.

Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.