Public Safety Committee Meeting Minutes of 12/5/05
Present: Don, Steve, Maurice, Jason, Lauris, David, Bob, Ken Littlefield
David presented the group with a draft of a letter to review for the next meeting. The group determined that the audience would be a mass-mailing. Draft attached.
Steve touched base with Bruce at SMTC and received space requirements and a planning outline for Public Safety Facilities.
Steve also shared a map of the Rt 114 corridor. This map displayed a great view of all the unused space available.
Jason shared call stats for the Fire Department.
We began to brain storm requirements for a Public Safety building using the concept of what Sebago will be in 25 years. Building should include:
· Police facilities
· 2 rescue units
· 6 fire units
(Ladder truck, 2 engines, 1 tanker, brush unit, Hazmat vehicle)
· Facilities for 14 full-time (24/7) Fire/Rescue personnel
· Dispatch facility
· IT facilities
· Day room
· Kitchen facilities
· Shower/toilet facilities for full-time crew
· Toilet facilities for public
· Decon area
· Communication towers
· Generator/alternate power supply
· Landing zone for helicopter
· Storage space
· Locked record rooms (fire proof)
· Compressor room
· Boiler Room
· Equipment Room
· Emergency shelter for 25-50 people
· Animal Control facility
· Training Room
We also determined that buildings currently owned by the Town will be used by Emergency Services in the Town.
· Begin scheduling tours of other facilities (Gray, Cornish, Standish, Naples, Raymond) – Lauris/Ken
· Think about what would be included in a building in 10 years
· Start developing questionnaire for visits to other facilities
Next Meeting: Monday, December 19, 2005
Meeting adjourned 8:10 p.m.