Town of Sebago
October 25, 2011
Chairman, Ann Farley opened the Public Hearing at 6:01 p.m.
There were approximately 45 people in attendance, including the following who signed in: Claudia and Phil Lowe, Norma and Shanna Storey, Tim Smith, Ben and Sue Bowditch, David Heath, Ed Fitzgerald, Phil Strike, Kurt Christensen, Cindy Wilson, Donald Olden, Jim Libby, Marcia Christensen, Ron Johnson, Jason Schoolcraft, Ron Irish, Susan Gassett, Rick Dennen, Chris Balchunas, Anita Chadbourne, Eric Field, Audry Nichols, Ann Farley, Jeff Harriman, Edythe Harndon, Allen Crabtree, Ken Littlefield, Jim Smith, Jeff Fleming.
Allen Crabtree gave a power point presentation on the proposed fire and rescue building for Sebago. A copy of this presentation is attached.
There were a number of questions raised and comments made concerning the proposal, including:
· The access driveway is too steep
· The siting of the building on the lot is not optimum for trucks – it requires S turns out of the building, which reduces response times.
· Why not build the building on town-owned land? Wouldn’t it be cheaper? If would avoid spending $30k for the land.
· Have you considered buying land next to Station 2 and put the new building there?
· The $230k for site improvement is too much, for dirt moving.
· The traffic speeds along Route 114 at the site entrance making entry dangerous for trucks
· The building is too big – it should start small and add more later as needed
· There would be deed restrictions with Shaw brothers for the land – a bad idea
The Fire and Rescue Building Task Force will address these comments and questions and bring responses back to the next public hearing, scheduled for December 6, 2011.
There being no further discussion, the Public Hearing was closed at 8:55 p.m.