PURPOSE: Whereas the use of the Sebago Town Beach has increased substantially during the last few years, and it is anticipated that the use of the Beach will continue to increase, and in order to attempt to protect Sebago Lake from the influx of milfoil, the Selectmen of the Town of Sebago have adopted the following Ordinance in order to provide for the recreational use of these areas; to control and regulate traffic and maintain general order therein and to further the safety, health, comfort and welfare of all persons using the Beach.
1. The Beach area, Boat Launching area, and Parking area of the Town of Sebago shall be reserved for the use of Residents, Taxpayers, and their Guests only.
2. Only those vehicles identified with an Official Beach Pass issued by the Town of Sebago will be permitted to park in the Beach parking area. All others will be towed at the owner’s expense.
3. Roadways and boat ramp access must not be blocked at any time.
4. No motor vehicles of any kind will be allowed on the beach from April 1st to October 30th.
5. All persons are responsible for removing their own trash. No glass containers are allowed at the beach.
6. No fires of any kind, including a ban on smoking at the beach.
7. No camping allowed.
8. No animals leashed or otherwise.
9. No alcoholic beverages, controlled substances or persons under the influence of same will be allowed.
10. The Beach area, Boat Launching area and Parking area will be closed from sunset to sunrise April 1st through September 15th.
11. One Beach pass per residence will be issued by the Sebago Town Clerk.
12. Parking will not be allowed at any time along the roads leading to the Town Beach. Violators will be towed at their own expense.
13. The speed limit on the roads leading to the Town Beach shall not exceed 15 miles per hour.
14. Any violation of this Ordinance shall be subject to a fine of $25.00 for each offense payable within 5 days to the Town of Sebago.
15. Each part of this Ordinance is severable, and if any phrase, clause, sentence or provision is declared contrary to law, the validity of the remainder shall not be affected thereby.
16. This Ordinance shall become effective October 1, 2001.