Skip Navigation
Sebago Maine Town Seal
This table is used for column layout.
 
Planning Board Minutes 08/14/2007
PLANNING BOARD MEETING MINUTES

TUESDAY, AUGUST 14, 2007 – 7:00 P.M.


PRESIDING: Richard Bates, Chair

RECORDING SECRETARY: Maureen F. Scanlon

PRESENT: Rick Bates, Cathy Greene, Jim Libby, Paul White, Maureen Scanlon   
    (Recording Secretary).  

Guests present: Jeff Fleming, Stephen & Diane Morgan, Bruce & Earlene Gagnon,
    Bob Mercier, Jeff Murphy.

ABSENT: Steve Burgess, Rick Viles, Jim Smith (Code Enforcement Officer)

CALL TO ORDER: 7:07 p.m.

REVIEW OF MINUTES:

Paul White made a motion to accept the minutes from the meetings held on June 12, 2007 and July 10, 2007.  Seconded by Jim Libby.  Motion carried with all in favor.  

CORRESPONDENCE: None

OPEN TO PUBLIC QUESTIONS: None

OLD BUSINESS:

30% EXPANSION – CAREY BURKE & CAROL HEWITT
(MAP 35 – LOT 8)

Jeff Fleming R.A., from Wardhill Architecture, presented the revised design plan for the property located at 55 Turnaround Lane.  During the Site Walk that was performed at this property on July 15th different design options were discussed.  Mr. Fleming reviewed in detail the revised plan for this property.  

Discussion ensued regarding the Planning Board members’ concerns with this revised design and different options that should be further investigated before this project can be approved.  Cathy Greene suggested that the building design be planned after the soil testing and septic design has been completed which will give a better idea of what is available for an actual building envelope location.  

The new design which includes a foundation being constructed under the existing structure was found not to be practical, or even feasible to maintain compliance, in this location.  After further discussion on this matter, it was decided that Mr. Fleming will investigate some of the options discussed this evening and bring back his findings for review by the Board.          
    
A Site Plan Review for this project will be added to the agenda of the next regularly scheduled Planning Board meeting on September 11th.

30% EXPANSION – STEPHEN & DIANE MORGAN
(MAP 29 – LOT 36)

Stephen & Diane reviewed the design that they are proposing.  The new septic design has been completed and was reviewed by the Board.  This project includes removal of the existing structure and building a new structure at their location.  Paul White requested the design plan be submitted with the new building on the existing site showing dimensions of the building and referencing any other pertinent information such as the distance to the water.  Mr. & Mrs. Morgan will provide this and some additional information including a list of their abutters to the Board with a letter requesting to receive final approval at the next meeting.  

A Site Plan Review for this project will be added to the agenda of the next regularly scheduled Planning Board meeting on September 11th.     

NEW BUSINESS:

30% EXPANSION – BRUCE GAGNON
(MAP 38 – LOT 30)

Bruce Gagnon reviewed the proposed design for his property located at 43 Dam Site Rd.  Mr. Gagnon was asked to provide a plot plan with the proposed addition dimensions including the distance to the water, a list of his abutters, and the septic design plan for review by the Board.

A Site Walk was scheduled to be performed at this property at 7:00 pm on August 15th.

A Site Plan Review for this project will be added to the agenda of the next regularly scheduled Planning Board meeting on September 11th.     

ADDITIONAL MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS DISCUSSED

Bob Mercier and Jeff Murphy spoke to the Board on behalf of the Peabody Pond Environmental Association’s design plan for a proposed Boat Wash Station.  They plan to raise funds for this worthwhile project in an effort to prevent invasive aquatic plants from invading Peabody Pond.  They are asking for the town’s permission to build at the existing town owned boat ramp with the understanding that they will maintain the Boat Wash Station.  The Association has done quite a bit of research on this project.  Their findings were reviewed in detail by Mr. Mercier and Mr. Murphy.  Quite a bit of discussion ensued on this proposed project.  

The Planning Board members agreed that this is a great idea however they suggested that this be brought before the Board of Selectmen for approval before proceeding further.  Mr. Mercier will contact the Town Manager in order to be put on the agenda for the next Selectmen’s meeting.  It was also suggested that a letter from Mr. Falconi, an abutter to the property, stating that this is fine with him be submitted with the permit application if possible.
   
A Site Walk was scheduled to be performed at this property at 7:30 pm on August 15th.

No further issues were brought up for discussion.

Cathy Greene made a motion to adjourn.  Seconded by Rick Bates.  Motion carried with all in favor.   

ADJOURNMENT: 9:02 p.m.

NEXT MEETING: September 11, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.

Respectfully Submitted,


Maureen F. Scanlon
Recording Secretary