I Call to Order
Chairman Paul White called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Present: Jim Jansz, Joe McMahon, Tina Vanasse, Paul White, Code Enforcement Officer Brandon Woolley, Recorder Maureen Scanlon.
Guests present: Michael Gotto (from Stoneybrook Consultants, Inc.),
Al Philipchik, Nicholas Harrington, Elaine Ouellette, Roger Jones, Donna Jones, Bruce Weymouth, Jim Keltos, Roger Mercaldi Jr., William Harrop,
Sam Minervino, Jan Minervino, Richard Terhune, Gretchen Terhune,
Peter Terhune, Sid George, Steven Hatch.
Paul White reported that former Planning Board member Phil Lowe has resigned his position on this Board in order to serve as a recently elected member of the Board of Selectmen.
Maureen Scanlon reported that the following correspondences were submitted to the Planning Board in their meeting information packets prior to this meeting.
- A copy of a letter dated June 8, 2016 from James & Colleen Keltos addressed to Mr. David Cherry at the Maine Department of Environmental Protection, in reference to “Old Business” agenda item a.
- A copy of a letter dated June 13, 2016 from Roger Mercaldi Jr. addressed to the Planning Board in reference to “Old Business” agenda item a.
- A copy of a letter dated June 28, 2016 from James Keltos addressed to the Planning Board in reference to “Old Business” agenda item a.
- A copy of a letter dated July 28, 2016 from James Keltos addressed to the Planning Board in reference to “Old Business” agenda item a.
- A copy of an e-mail correspondence dated August 1, 2016 from Richard & Gretchen Terhune addressed to the Planning Board in reference to “Old Business” agenda item a.
III Open to Public Questions
No questions were asked.
IV Review of Minutes (June 14, 2016)
RECORDER’S NOTE: Due to a printing error, the approval of the June 14, 2016 meeting minutes was postponed till the end of this meeting.
Jim Jansz made a motion to approve the minutes from June 14, 2016 as presented. It was seconded by Paul White. Motion carried with all in favor.
V Old Business
- Site Plan Review – Property located in a Shoreland Zone (Property owned by Long Beach LLC) (Applicants are Samuel & Jan Minervino) – Map 19, Lots 93, 99 & 100
Paul White reported that this project is being presented to the Planning Board this evening in a different, not as extensive, form than was previously presented.
Mike Gotto from Stoneybrook Consultants, Inc. who represents Sam & Jan Minervino explained that as was discussed two months ago they have revised the application to remove all requests for activities on the lake side of the property. The application has been redone withdrawing that for now. The revised application only deals with the proposed parking lot. He mentioned that the application for this portion of the proposed project has not changed from the original submittal.
There was some follow-up discussion regarding the issue of sight distance as you pull out of the parking lot that was previously brought up. It was determined to be appropriate for both directions of traffic.
Further discussion ensued with Mr. Gotto and Mr. Minervino answering the Board’s questions regarding matters that ranged from the crosswalk for pedestrian traffic, boat storage, traffic barriers for the perimeter of the parking lot area and potential trash/waste disposal issues. The Board proceeded to review section 7 (Site Plan Review) of the Land Use ordinance to assure that this proposed project meets compliance requirements. In regards to the parking lot perimeter barriers it was determined that appropriate barriers for the adjacent properties will need to be worked out between the property owners.
Tina Vanasse made a motion to accept the proposal for the parking lot as stated by Mr. Gotto. It was seconded by Joe McMahon. Paul White made the comment that he is voting in favor of approving the project because he thinks it adds to public safety overall. It improves the conditions of public safety. He also added that the Board is limiting their decision to just the approval of the parking lot and other issues of the properties are not being addressed tonight. Motion carried with all in favor.
- Voting Matrix (finalizing process)
- Review of Escrow Funds for “Outstanding” Subdivisions
VI New Business – None
VII Miscellaneous Items Discussed
- Paul White stated that the Board needs to elect a Board Chair this evening.
(NOTE: This needs to be done on a yearly basis.)
Tina Vanasse made a motion to elect Paul White as the Planning Board Chair. It was seconded by Joe McMahon. Motion carried with three in favor and Paul White abstaining from the vote.
- At the start of this meeting Paul White reported that former Planning Board member Phil Lowe has resigned his position on this Board in order to serve as a recently elected member of the Board of Selectmen. There was some discussion on the need for the Board of Selectmen to appoint a person to fill his vacated position for the remainder of his term which expires on June 30, 2018.
Joe McMahon made a motion to adjourn at 7:35 p.m. It was seconded by Jim Jansz. Motion carried with all in favor.
Maureen F. Scanlon
Administrative Assistant/Deputy Clerk