TO: Lake Region School Board
FROM: Dr. Kathleen Beecher, Superintendent of Schools
DATE: February 29, 2012
RE: Regular Board Meeting Agenda
Meetings for Monday, March 5, 2012:
- Budget Workshop - Lake Region High School – 5:00 p.m.
- Executive Session - Lake Region High School – 6:45 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting - Lake Region High School – 7:30 p.m.
Agenda For the Regular Meeting
1. Executive Session – 6:45 p.m.
A. Student Matter, 1 M.R.S.A. 405. 6.B.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call - 7:30 p.m.
2. Approval of Agenda
A. Minutes of Regular Meeting of February 27, 2012
B. Minutes of Board Workshop of February 27, 2012
5. Public Comments on Agenda Items
6. Administrative Comments
B. Adult Education Director, Carrie Castonguay
7. Action Items
A. Rescind the motion of June 15, 2009 re: Bridgton Memorial School –
Memorandum of Understanding with the Town of Bridgton
B. Updated Memorandum of Understanding with the Town of Bridgton
C. Policies, Second Reading
(1) Staff Conduct with Students
D. Job Description, Second Reading
(1) Family Literacy Coordinator, 3.22.3
E. Policies, First Readings
(1) Delegation of Superintendent’s Authorization and
Responsibilities, File Code CI
(2) Employee Resignations, File Code GCPB
Agenda March 5, 2012 Page 2
7. Action Items
E. (3) Adolescent Pregnancy, File Code JFE
(4) Tuberculosis Testing, File Code JHCA-1
(5) Tuberculosis Testing Procedures, File Code JHCA-1R
(6) Permission to Administer Medication in School, File Code
(7) Communicable/Infectious Diseases, File Code JLCC
E. Communities Putting Prevention to Work (CPPW) Grants have
been received as follows:
(1) 25 pairs of snowshoes at the High School and Middle
(2) 27 pairs of snowshoes at Songo Locks, Sebago and Stevens
Brook Elementary Schools
(3) $500 for extension gardening supplies at Stevens Brook
(4) $1,500 in extension gardening supplies at Songo Locks
(1) Appointment of Jacqueline Caron as the Math Team Advisor
for Lake Region Middle School, replacing Kayla Nowell who
(2) Appointment of Shaelin Shields as a Math Team Advisor at
Lake Region Middle School. This is a Intramual II
position (6 weeks).
8. Discussion Items
9. Information Items
A. Committee Reports
B. Superintendent’s Report
C. Structural Program Changes at Lake Region High School
(1) Shaelin Shields is working as a Long-Term Substitute Art
Teacher at Lake Region Middle School, replacing Molly
Mains who is on a family and medical leave of absence
10. Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items
11. Executive Session
A. Student Matter, 1 M.R.S.A. 405 6.B.
- Agenda Information
- Minutes of February 27, 2012 (2 sets)
- Policies/Job Descriptions as listed
- Additional Duty Spreadsheet
- Liaison Committee Invitation – Revised Dates
- Memorandum of Understanding with the Town of Bridgton