TO: Lake Region School Board
FROM: Dr. Kathleen Beecher, Superintendent of Schools
DATE: September 25, 2012
RE: School Board Meeting Agenda
There will be a Regular Meeting of the Lake Region School Board
on Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at Sebago Elementary School.
NOTE: The Facilities Committee will meet on Monday, October 1, 2012
at 6:00 p.m. at Sebago Elementary School.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
A. Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of September 10, 2012
B. Minutes of Board Workshop of September 17, 2012
A. Resource Officer – 10 Min.
B. Lice Information – Deb Pyne-Young – 10 Min.
C. Academy Credit Proposal – Ted Finn – 10 Min.
5. Public Comments on Agenda Items
6. Administrative Comments
A. Secondary Principals
B. Carrie Castonguay, Adult and Community Education Director
7. Action Items
A. Academy Credit Proposal
B. Ferry Beach Overnight Field Trip
C. Appointment of Dr. Kathleen Beecher as Public Access Officer
D. Appointment of Deborah Howard as a Public Access Officer Designee
E. Policies, Second Reading
(1) Board Goals, BA
(2) Removal of Letter from Policy Book re: Head Lice
F. Policies, First Reading
(1) Petty Cash, File Code DJB
G. Job Description, First Reading
(1) Elementary Assistant Principal
(2) K-12 Content Leader
(3) Maine School Team Leader
(4) Title I Literacy Teacher
Agenda September 10, 2012 Page 2
7. Action Items
(1) Reappointment of Marty Miller as a part-time Writing
Teacher Leader for the 2012-13 school year.
(2) Reappointment of Eleanor Botka as a part-time Writing Teacher
Leader for the 2012-13 school year.
(3) Reappointment of Alanna Doughty as a Contracted English as a
Second Language Teacher for the 2012-13 school year
(4) Appointment of Teresa Odum as a K-2 Educational Technician III
at Songo Locks School, replacing Caroline Grimnitz who
(5) Additional Duty Positions
8. Discussion Items
A. MSBA Proposed Resolutions
9. Information Items
A. Funding of Additional Window Replacement
A. Committee Reports
B. Superintendent’s Report
D. Board Members – MSMA Preliminary Clinic Titles for MSMA Fall
10. Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items
11. Executive Session
A. Employee Matter, pursuant to 405 6.A.
12. Action Item
A. Request for up to 20 Additional Sick Leave Days
- Agenda Information
- Minutes of Regular Board Meeting of September 10, 2012
- Minutes of Board Workshop of September 17, 2012
- Policies and Job Descriptions as listed in Agenda
- Curriculum Committee Minutes
- Liaison Committee Minutes