TO: Lake Region School Board
FROM: Kathleen Beecher, Superintendent of Schools
DATE: January 29, 2013
RE: School Board Meeting
There will be a School Board Meeting on Monday, February 4, 2013
at 7:00 p.m. at Songo Locks School.
Note: The Facilities Committee will meet at 6:00 p.m. on February 4, 2013
at Songo Locks School.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
A. Regular Board Meeting of January 14, 2013
5. Public Comments on Agenda Items
6. Administrative Comments
A. Secondary Principals
B. Carrie Castonguay, Director of Special Education
7. Action Items
A. Policies, First Reading
(1) By Laws, File Code-B
B. Policies, Second Readings
(1) Weapons, Violence and School Safety, FC-JICIA
(2) Student Education Records and Information Administrative
C. Job Descriptions, First Readings
(1) Elementary Assistant Principal
(2) Middle School Assistant Principal
(3) Lake Region High School Assistant Principal
(4) Administrative Secretary for the Director of Transportation,
Facilities, and Food Service
(5) Administrative Secretary for the Director of Special Services
(1) Songo Locks School received a check for $100 from Toothe
Protectors Inc. for being the September 2012 winner in their
“Smile Back Rewards Program”. The funds will be used to
Purchase clothes to have on hand for students if they get wet.
Agenda February 4, 2012 Page 2
(1) Nomination of Ellen Deluca as a Special Education Teacher at
Lake Region Middle School, effective January 24, 2013 for the
remainder of the 2012-13 school year, replacing Kim LeClair
(2) Appointment of Marie Libby as a Day Treatment Support
Technician at Songo Locks School, replacing Sarah Champoli
F. Request for School Field Trip for Sebago Elementary School
8. Discussion Items
9. Information Items
A. Committee Reports
B. SuperinteAndent’s Report
(1) Nancy Capone has submitted her intent to retire at the
end of the 2012-13 school year. Ms. Capone has been employed
by the District for 12 years.
10. Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items
11. Executive Session
(1) Administrator Negotiations, M.R.S.A. 405 6.D.
(2) Teacher Negotiations, M.R.S.A. 405 6.D.
(3) Superintendent’s Evaluation, M.R.S.A. 405 6.A.
- Agenda Information
- Minutes of January 14, 2013
- Policies and Job Descriptions as listed
- Curriculum Committee Minutes of January 16, 2013
- Curriculum Committee Agenda for February 6, 2013
- State Statute re: Filling School Board Position
- Information re: Sebago Elementary School Field Trip