TO: Lake Region School Board
FROM: Alan R. Smith, M.Ed., CAS, Superintendent of Schools
DATE: March 29, 2016
RE: School Board Meeting Agenda
There will be a Regular Meeting of the Lake Region School Board
on Monday, April 4, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. in the Great Room at
Lake Region Vocational Center.
Note: There will be a Personnel Committee meeting on
Monday, April 4, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in the Conference
Room at Lake Region Vocational Center.
The Public Hearing regarding the Budget will be held on
Monday, April 4, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. in the Great Room
at Lake Region Vocational Center.
The Public Hearing regarding the Crooked River Project
will be held on Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
in the Gymnasium at Lake Region High School.
There will be an Open House at Crooked River Elementary
School on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 from 6:30 p.m. to
A. Laker Pride Awards
B. Winter Presentations – Paul True
2. Call to Order and Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Agenda
A. Minutes of Regular Meeting of March 7, 2016
B. Minutes of Budget Workshop of March 9, 2016
C. Minutes of Special Meeting of March 14, 2016
6. Public Comments on Agenda Items
7. Administrative Comments
A. Secondary Principals
B. Madelyn Litz, Director of Adult Education
8. Action Items
(1) Reappointment of Directors/Supervisors for 2016-17
(2) Reappointment of Second Year Probationary Teachers
(3) Reappointment of Third Year Probationary Teachers
(4) Reappointment of First Year Continuing Contracts
(5) Reappointment of One-Year Retiree Contracts
(6) Appointment of Patricia Lafontaine as an Administrative Assistant at
Lake Region Adult Education, effective March 28, 2016, replacing
Darlene Perry who has resigned
(7) Appointment of Linda Mitchell as a Bus Monitor, effective March 15,
2016, replacing Amy Whitten
(8) Additional Duty Positions
B. Votes for Approving Warrants and Setting Referendum Date
(1) Sebago Elementary School
(a) Potter Trust has donated $1,375 to be used to purchase DigiBlocks
(b) Maine Math and Science Alliance has donated $200 to be used
towards the Family Engineering Night
(2) Adobe ConnectED donated software licenses to the three elementary
schools for an approximate value of $51,000
D. 2016-17 School Calendar, Second Reading
E. Policy, Revision Second Reading
(1) Employee Recognition, File Code GBN
F. Overnight Field Trip Request for the Class of 2018 to Six Flags in
9. Discussion Items
10. Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items
11. Information Items
A. Committee Reports
B. Superintendent’s Report
(1) Patrick Martin will be a Long-Term Substitute Science Teacher,
effective April 25, 2016, replacing Jessie Toohey.
(a) Deborah Pyne-Young has submitted her intent to resign at the end
of the 2015-16 school year.
(b) Kristia Merriam resigned as an Adult Education Teacher, effective
March 17, 2016.
(c) Evelyn Johnston has resigned as a K-2 Educational Technician at
Stevens Brook Elementary School, effective March 17, 2016.
(d) Edward Stevens has resigned as a Special Education Teacher at
Lake Region High School, effective the end of the 2015-16 school
(e) Jeffrey Brundage, a Grade 3 Teacher at Stevens Brook Elementary
School, who is on a leave of absence for 2015-16, will not be
(f) Rick McConkey has submitted his intent to retire as Head
Custodian at Songo Locks School, effective April 8, 2016.
(g) Nancy Laurent a Permanent Substitute at Lake Region Middle
School, has resigned effective March 31, 2016.
12. Executive Session
A. Student Matters, pursuant to M.R.S.A.-20A - 405 6.B.
B. Negotiations, pursuant to M.R.S.A. – 20A – 405 6.D.
- Agenda Information
- Minutes of Regular Meeting of March 7, 2016
- Minutes of Budget Workshop of March 9, 2016
- Minutes of Special Meeting of March 14, 2016
- Memo re: Directors and Supervisors
- Memos Re: Teacher Reappointments
- Additional Duty Positions
- Votes for Approving Warrants and Setting and Setting Referendum Date
- 2016-17 School Calendar
- Employee Recognition, File Code GBN
- Personnel Committee Agenda
Overnight Field Trip Request
[ paste or type agenda here ]