TO: Lake Region School Board
FROM: Patrick R. Phillips, Superintendent of Schools
DATE: May 11, 2010
RE: School Board Meeting
There will be a Regular School Board Meeting on Monday, May 17, 2010, at 7:00 p.m. in the Gymnasium at Stevens Brook Elementary School.
Note: There will be a Facilities Committee meeting at 6:00 p.m. in the
Library at Stevens Brook Elementary School.
The Casco Board members will meet on Monday, May 17 at 6:45 p.m.
to select a recipient for the Michael Arnold Scholarship.
The Annual Budget Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 18, 2010
at 6:30 p.m. in the Gymnasium at Lake Region High School.
1. Good Kid Awards
2. Call to Order and Roll Call
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Approval of Minutes
A. Regular Meeting of May 3, 2010
B. Executive Session on April 26, 2010
A. Slam Poetry Contest Winners
6. Administrative Comments
A. Secondary Principals
7. Public Comments on Agenda Items
8. Action Items
A. Donation by a anonymous person of $46.17 to be used for
Mr. Forbes’ 6th Grade Band.
B. Revolving Fund applications – Andy Madura
(1) Nominations for the 2010-11 school year
(a) Elizabeth Cole as 1st Year Continuing part-time (.60)
Physical Education/Health Teacher at Songo Locks
School for the 2010-11 school year, replacing Mark
Smith who has resigned (This is a recall.)
Agenda May 17, 2010 Page 2
8. Action Items
C. Personnel (continued)
(b) Julie Guilbault as a 1st Year Probationary Spanish
Teacher at Lake Region High School, replacing
Jennifer Moore who has resigned
(2) Reappointments for 2010-11
(a) Directors and Supervisors
(b) Educational Support Personnel
(c) Non-Teaching Employees
(d) Technology Support Staff
(e) Non-Contracted Employees
(3) Request by Kimberly Nielsen for a one-year child care leave
of absence for the 2010-11 school year.
(4) Reduction-in-force for the In-School Suspension position at
Lake Region Middle School from five days per week to three
days per week
(5) Appointment of Kathleen Tragert as Summer School Supervisor
at Lake Region Middle School
D. Grade 7-12 Attendance Policy, File Code JE-A, First Reading
9. Discussion Items
10. Information Items
A. Committee Reports
B. Superintendent’s Report
(1) Daniel Jenkins has submitted his resignation as a
Special Education Teacher at Lake Region High School,
effective the end of the 2009-10 school year.
(2) Beth Chagrasulis has submitted her resignation as a
Science Teacher at Lake Region High School, effective
August 30, 2010.
(3) Daniel Cornely has submitted his resignation as a
Grade 5 Teacher at Songo Locks School, effective the end
of the 2009-10 school year
(4) Debora Kutasi has submitted her resignation as a Principal’s
Secretary at Lake Region High School, effective June 30, 2010
(5) Catherine McLaughlin will be working as a Long-Term
Substitute Kindergarten Teacher at Stevens Brook
Elementary School, replacing Akaila Scorza, who is on
a maternity Family and Medical Leave of Absence, effective
May 12, 2010 for the remainder of the school year
(6) Monica Bell will be working as a Standards Interventionist
at Stevens Brook Elementary School, replacing Catherine
(7) Mary Hubka has requested to reduce her time as a Spanish
Teacher to half-time for the 2010-11 school year
11. Public Comments on Non-Agenda Items
12. Executive Session
A. Student Matter, M.R.S.A. 405 6.B.