Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 6:05 pm by Chairman, Ann Farley.
I. Roll Call
Present were: Selectmen; Ann Farley, Allen Crabtree, Edythe Harnden, Town Manager; Jim Smith, Town Clerk and Recorder, Michele Bukoveckas. Guests present were: Public Works Foreman; Tim Mayberry, Norman Storey, Shanna Chamberlain, and Phil Lowe.
II. Adjustments to the Agenda
There was none.
III. Written Communication
- Approval of the November 1, 2011 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes
Allen Crabtree made a motion to approve the November 1, 2011 Selectmen’s Meeting Minutes. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Phil Lowe stated that he had contacted MMA regarding training for our local boards (Planning, Appeals, Selectmen). The training would be for Conflict of Interest, Right to Know, and other pertinent items. Phil stated that MMA would be willing to do an “electronic” presentation on December 22nd, for a fee of $60.00. The Board would like Phil to check to see if MMA would be available after the first of the year, if not, the 22nd will be the “go date”. Jim Smith will poll individuals to see if they would be interested in attending.
Jim Smith stated that a water test had been done on the house across the street. The results show that the water is bad (mostly, high salt content). Whereas, the house is on Bridgton Road, which is a State Road, Jim will contact the State about drilling a new well for these residents.
There was no old business.
- Appointment to Board of Appeals-Benson Bowditch
Allen Crabtree made a motion to appoint Benson Bowditch to the Board of Appeals. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
- Appoint Michael Collins as Code Enforcement Officer, Local Plumbing Inspector, and E911 Addressing Officer
Allen Crabtree made a motion to Appoint Michael Collins as Code Enforcement Officer, Local Plumbing Inspector, and E911 Addressing Officer. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
VII. Reports from Town Officials
Jim reported the following:
- Looking into options for dealing with tax foreclosures when a legitimate hardship exist.
Edythe inquired about the status of the Weatherization Grants. Allen, Edythe and Michele will get together on Thursday to go over the information.
Allen reminded the Board of the following meetings:
- Fire/Rescue Public Safety will meet on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 7 pm.
- Sebago Elementary Study Committee will meet on Thursday, November 17, 2011 at 7 pm.
Ann inquired on the following:
- Asked Jim to speak with Gordy Billington from Standish to clarify the receipt of the fire truck from Standish. Jim said that Gordy recalled that we would not get the truck until the building is built, but others recall that the truck would be placed in Station One in November.
- Asked about the Folly Rd. Ann stated that the Folly Rd (114 end, before the bridge) is a mess. Tim Mayberry stated that this was the Town’s responsibility, and that the road crew would be cleaning the mess up. Tim said that there were considerable savings to the town by using a contractor to remove trees along the town ROW but that the town crew had not had time up to now to clean up the stumps and roadsides.
- Frank O’Hara will present a report on the Sebago Elementary Study at the next meeting.
- Due to Jeff’s absence, the policy committee did not meet, they have re-scheduled for next week.
Ann reported that the Douglas Mountain Day was a success. There were 10 people that participated and they repaired the trail, and replaced some culverts. Ann also stated that she had ordered a new map from Spillers which will be installed at the top of the tower.
- Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 § 405 (6) (F) to Discuss a Hardship Abatement
Due to the absence of Rescue Chief, Tim Smith, and a full Board of Selectmen, the executive session will be held at a later date.
Allen Crabtree made a motion to adjourn at 6:40 pm. It was seconded by Edythe Harnden. Motion carried.
Michele A. Bukoveckas
M.S.A.D. # 61 School Board Members: Richard Merritt and Sherri Miller discussed the SAD61 Budget. Acting Superintendent Kathy Beecher and School Board chair Jody Gray as well as Phil Lowe were in attendance along with the Sebago Board of Selectmen and Town Manager.