Public Meeting to Discuss Sebago Elementary School
Sebago Town Hall
August 24, 2011
7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
Facilitator: Neal Allen, Greater Portland Council of Governments
Consultant: Frank O’Hara, Planning Decisions, Inc.
1. Welcome and introductions
2. Purpose of Meeting: public comments on Sebago elementary school
3. Overview of planning project :
a. Sponsor: Town of Sebago
b. Purpose: Analyze options and costs for the Town if the school district decides to recommend the closure of the facility sometime in the future.
c. Consultant: Planning Decisions, Inc.
4. Public feedback -- What are the benefits to the Town and residents of Sebago from having a local elementary school – educational, financial, community-building?
5. Public feedback -- What other ways can the Town use the building that would both benefit the community, and possibly help share in the costs of maintaining the building?
6. Public feedback – Is there anything else that the consultant should consider in the options and costs study that has not been mentioned yet?
7. Wrap up